Hydraulic cooling fan motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kburton66

T190 My hydraulic coolingfan motor won't turn on. It doesn't seem like it's trying. Recently replaced track drive motor but it doesn't seem like that would be related.

OP
OP
K

kburton66

Where do you start? How do you test the engine temp sensor? The temp gage works in the cab. All of the hydraulics are working.

DPReef

See if it's getting voltage to the solenoid, I had a recent issue and replaced my filters and it started working

Skipper3

Are there any resources (youtube, PDF,etc.) that show to remove, repair and replace the hydraulic cooling fan motor on a Bobcat S130? Mine is leaking.

brdgbldr

Are there any resources (youtube, PDF,etc.) that show to remove, repair and replace the hydraulic cooling fan motor on a Bobcat S130? Mine is leaking.
There were a couple of different fan motors. One aluminum and one cast iron. Both have seal kits listed for them in the parts catalog.

Here is the link to the parts catalog:
Enter your serial number and then search "Fan". You should be able to find the seal kit numbers.

OP
OP
K

kburton66

Took the fan motor out and took it to Parker / AirHydro Power. To see if they could bench test or trouble shoot to find the problem. They called me back and said they would not even look at it. Not something they do. The fan spins. It's not locked up.

brdgbldr

Took the fan motor out and took it to Parker / AirHydro Power. To see if they could bench test or trouble shoot to find the problem. They called me back and said they would not even look at it. Not something they do. The fan spins. It's not locked up.
Your solenoid or valve could be bad.

OP
OP
K

kburton66

I'm going to go over the hydraulic system and the electric system with a friend who's a bit sharper than I. Wish I had the schematics and the logic. There are 4 hydraulic lines 2 large and 2 smaller. 2 electric lines, a 3 pin and a 2 pin. 1 of the electric lines is a pressure switch. The engine temperature gauge in the cab works. After seeing the motor spin freely I don't want to replace it without knowing it's bad.

foton

I would think that it is more likely a hydro oil flow issue ,than a defective fan. I wonder if a short term run of the fan using compressed air is possible. to conferm it is functioning.