hydraulic & diesel oil mixing in my reservoir!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

schreib

I need to remove some hydraulic fluid from the top. . . Not really, but some diesel oil . . . I accidentally started feeding diesel into the wrong hole(right next to each other), stopped almost immediately. Probably only put a few ounces in(sight gauge went up 1/8"). I would like to remove the top 1/2 gallons or so of fluid in hopes of removing the diesel fuel. I have a good hand pump but the two tubes I tried both won't make it down the S turn into the reservoir. I know it is possible to sample the hydraulic fluid for oil analysis. . How and specficially what tubing does one use? should be a simple solution.

SkidRoe

When was the last time you changed your hydraulic oil? This may be a good excuse to do it. Yes, it is a pain, but not near as painful as ruining a pump group.
To me, it is not worth the risk.
Cheers - SR

OP
OP
schreib

schreib

When was the last time you changed your hydraulic oil? This may be a good excuse to do it. Yes, it is a pain, but not near as painful as ruining a pump group.
To me, it is not worth the risk.
Cheers - SR
I just changed it. Looking to remove the diesel oil sitting on top of hyd. oil with a suction tube. can't get the 1" plastic tube down the entry pipe. Looking for solutions in this way first.

7LBSSMALLIE

REALLY ? 10 grand worth of pumps an motors. and youre to cheap to by a couple of jugs of fluids and filters. listen for the pop that's sound youre head makes when it comes outta youre butt

Latest posts