hydramac final drive oil

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Just getting some bugs worked out on my old hydramac. fixed 4 oil leaks already and have decided to swap out the oil and try to reseal the final drive gear boxes. it had atf, but I want to run different oil from the rest of the machine. as it is gear to gear.. should i not use 80w90? it is a gear oil. should provide me alot more protection than the light atf. plus if I have another leak it would be easy to distinguish it from the atf in the other system of the machine. I like that atf for easy winter use, but I think that the 80w90 should do fine , no different than any vehicles. What are other people using?

tnt6060

I have an old hyda-mac 14-c. I used a multiservice tractor hydralic oil from the local farm store in my gear boxes.

OP
OP
T
Well I ended up putting 68 weight oil into the final drives.. If the atf lasted for the last 15 years I am sure that the 68 will do fine.. My local walmart was sold out of 80w90 in the 20l pail. at least this way when I have an oil leak and it is not red, I know where it is coming from.

12CHydraMac

Well I ended up putting 68 weight oil into the final drives.. If the atf lasted for the last 15 years I am sure that the 68 will do fine.. My local walmart was sold out of 80w90 in the 20l pail. at least this way when I have an oil leak and it is not red, I know where it is coming from.
if you have facebook i run a hydra mac group on there with over 160 active members. www.facebook.com/groups/hydramac