how would this work for a plow?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

[email protected]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKIDSTEER-3-POINT-ATTACHMENT-ADAPTER-SKID-STEER-case-/360449912443#ht_2506wt_1163 i know someone thats got an old fisher plow lying around. this seems like it could hitch right up, plus it has a trailer receiver as well. 300 bucks, how could you go wrong? i just bought a 643 as i stated in an earlier thread. do you control the hydraulics with the right joystick? what would i need to make my bobcat hydraulics work with fisher plow hydraulics? thanks.

shawn macananny

Im sure it would work if you wanted to drive in reverse the whole time. there should be a button up by your gauges, pushg it once to use the toggle side to side switch (controls the direction of flow) push it again to control both the direciton or to engage constant flow with the trigger (not what you want for the plow). it will dead head if you dont have an attachment hooked up so try it at idle if anything. There are two different connectors, the old smaller style and the new bigger flat faced connectors. make sure yours are in good working order if they have been used in a while, like mine, they will need to be replaced.

OP
OP
T

[email protected]

Im sure it would work if you wanted to drive in reverse the whole time. there should be a button up by your gauges, pushg it once to use the toggle side to side switch (controls the direction of flow) push it again to control both the direciton or to engage constant flow with the trigger (not what you want for the plow). it will dead head if you dont have an attachment hooked up so try it at idle if anything. There are two different connectors, the old smaller style and the new bigger flat faced connectors. make sure yours are in good working order if they have been used in a while, like mine, they will need to be replaced.
haha why would you have to go in reverse? its pretty much the same thing i'd have fabricated, except its adjustable. my machine isn't electronic for the aux hydraulics. the connectors are the older style, but recently replaced.

jerry

haha why would you have to go in reverse? its pretty much the same thing i'd have fabricated, except its adjustable. my machine isn't electronic for the aux hydraulics. the connectors are the older style, but recently replaced.
Sure it would work but the mountings may be way to wide for most plows. You would be buying and paying for more than you need. Your aux hyd is just activated by moving the right hand stick from side to side. If you try it and it doesnt make the engine labor check down toward the bottom there is a spot to drop a 3/8 bolt in so the aux won't be accidently engaged. It will operate a plow fast but that can be overcome too.

RodNH

Here's what I did:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~thompson_wp/bobcat/bobcatplow.htm
I used a blank QA plate and some steel but you could do the same thing with a 3pt adapter. In fact, I had the plow hooked to a 3pt adapter at one time. Make sure you drain the plow's cylinders and fill them with the same hyd fluid you use in the skid. If you plan on switching the plow back and forth between the skid and a truck, make sure the truck's hyd system is drained, flushed and filled with the same hyd fluid used in the skid.

shawn macananny

Haha i dont know why i read it is a 3 row plow and not fisher plow, i was wondering why you would want to put a plow on a bobcat, that makes much more sense now.

RodNH

or would i have to reduce PSI before it gets to that valve?
The speed of plow angle has little to do with the pressure and a lot to do with the flow rate. In order to reduce the angle speed, if it's too high with the flow from the skid, you need to have flow restrictors. The cross-over relief valve is not to restrict the flow but is too protect the plow and hydraulics if something solid is struck. If that happens, the plow will just swing around by itself without damage. This protection is in addition to any protection provide by a plow trip edge. The cross-over protection provided by Fisher is built into the truck control valve and is not a separate unit. I do believe Curtis uses a separate unit for cross-over protection, or used to. A check with a Curtis dealer for replacement parts would tell the story. I got my cross-over valve as a separate unit at surpluscenter.com. What pressure the cross-over valve is set at is determined by the pressure rating of the skid relative to the pressure rating of the plow hydraulic cylinders and fittings. The cross-over valve can serve a dual purpose of protecting the plow from damage if something is struck and also can protect the plow hydraulics from being over-pressurized by the skid hydraulics, if needed. See the flow diagram in the link noted in my post above. Everything depends on the specifics of the skid and plow ratings.