Bobcat 743B using a newer high flow snow plow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Wandering Bob

I have a very old 743B that I have used a straight/fixed dozer blade to clear my property for years. It's an absolute lesson in frustration and takes forever .... push, reverse, move over, push, reverse, move over, not to mention the washboard driveway from bouncing.

I have found a newer High Flow Hydraulic snow plow blade for a decent price ...
But, will this work on my older 743B?

I'm sure I'll have to change the connection fittings and maybe the hoses, maybe the ram as well, but if I'm in no hurry to angle the blade, shouldn't my Bobcat be able to angle a newer blade?

Thanks in advance.

brdgbldr

Not sure what a high flow snow plow blade would be.
Did you mean high flow snow blower?

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

Not sure what a high flow snow plow blade would be.
Did you mean high flow snow blower?
No Sir.

The guy that is selling it has a brand spanking new, high dollar T model with High Flow everything (attachments), I could live in it.

He says the plow is high flow ... which by your question, leads me to believe it uses high flow hydraulics to operate. He may just be calling it that because the bobcat is high flow.

So my question should be "will an older low flow bobcat provide enough pressure to still angle the blade?"

I'd think besides different connections ... the ram maybe heavier duty, which may cause the older low flow bobcat to struggle when pushing fluid to angle the blade.

I don't want to buy this thing and have it not work on my rig. Already done that with a dozer blade.

I can't fathom any problems I run into, could not be easily solved fairly inexpensively.

Thanks for making me think a bit.

foton

I think that just to operate cylinders to direct snow to push would not in any way need high flow, but to run a blower that is a different story. I think someone does not know what they have or to describe it as to what it is.

brdgbldr

No Sir.

The guy that is selling it has a brand spanking new, high dollar T model with High Flow everything (attachments), I could live in it.

He says the plow is high flow ... which by your question, leads me to believe it uses high flow hydraulics to operate. He may just be calling it that because the bobcat is high flow.

So my question should be "will an older low flow bobcat provide enough pressure to still angle the blade?"

I'd think besides different connections ... the ram maybe heavier duty, which may cause the older low flow bobcat to struggle when pushing fluid to angle the blade.

I don't want to buy this thing and have it not work on my rig. Already done that with a dozer blade.

I can't fathom any problems I run into, could not be easily solved fairly inexpensively.

Thanks for making me think a bit.
A regular snow plow blade does not use high flow. The only attachments that require high flow are the ones that require continuous flow like a snow blower, auger, mower etc.

I ran a snow plow/dozer blade combo on my 742B with no problems.

If it is just a regular blade with two cylinders to angle it, your 743B should have no problem. Even if the cylinders were huge, it would still run it just a little slower to switch the angle.

Just make sure it isn't an adjustable "V" plow. These normally require electrical hookups as well as hydraulics.

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

A regular snow plow blade does not use high flow. The only attachments that require high flow are the ones that require continuous flow like a snow blower, auger, mower etc.

I ran a snow plow/dozer blade combo on my 742B with no problems.

If it is just a regular blade with two cylinders to angle it, your 743B should have no problem. Even if the cylinders were huge, it would still run it just a little slower to switch the angle.

Just make sure it isn't an adjustable "V" plow. These normally require electrical hookups as well as hydraulics.
Perfect! It only hydraulic, no electronics involved and not a V-plow.

I think I should head to Vegas.
A new plow from Bobcat dealer before Covid was $3100, now over $7000. The guy that bought this blade used it twice, then bought a blower. It's just been sitting for a couple of years. $2300.

I haven't seen it in daylight, but am sure I'll have to change those fittings, then I'll be ready for winter ... finally.

Thanks,

brdgbldr

Perfect! It only hydraulic, no electronics involved and not a V-plow.

I think I should head to Vegas.
A new plow from Bobcat dealer before Covid was $3100, now over $7000. The guy that bought this blade used it twice, then bought a blower. It's just been sitting for a couple of years. $2300.

I haven't seen it in daylight, but am sure I'll have to change those fittings, then I'll be ready for winter ... finally.

Thanks,
If your 743B has flat face couplers it should be fine. Bobcat has been using the same flat faced couplers since about 1990. Easy to change out if need be though. You can get a pair on amazon for about $40.

OP
OP
W

Wandering Bob

If your 743B has flat face couplers it should be fine. Bobcat has been using the same flat faced couplers since about 1990. Easy to change out if need be though. You can get a pair on amazon for about $40.
Thanks.

I haven't pulled off my bucket since last winter, but his couplers looked different than what I remember mine looking like ... in the dark ... after a beer ... yes, I'm a lightweight.

Will know Tuesday when he drops it off after I hit the bank.

This will save me sooo much frustration and time!

brdgbldr

Thanks.

I haven't pulled off my bucket since last winter, but his couplers looked different than what I remember mine looking like ... in the dark ... after a beer ... yes, I'm a lightweight.

Will know Tuesday when he drops it off after I hit the bank.

This will save me sooo much frustration and time!
Yeah, at first I was using just a regular bucket to clear snow. Then a 4 in 1 bucket. Both were back and forth like you mentioned.

Now, with the angled plow blade, it's just a matter of driving down the road and back and for the most part I'm done (Unless I'm feeling kind and remove the snow berms from in front of my neighbors driveways).

What you want to make sure of is that the plow, when fully angled, is at least as wide as your machine. If it isn't you end up plowing snow into the line of the tires. Pretty easy to build extensions if needed.

Coke-in-MN

Snow plows are not high flow , they are left-right turn and only use a small amount of hydraulics to complete movement
Here is sons plow he has been manufacturing here in MN - He builds them here in MN but ships anywhere .
I delivered 2 plows this spring to Ohio and then a couple to Iowa . He also ships by common carrier at cost of shipping if you have a place to pick up or unload from carrier.

Latest posts