snow plow shoes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

brdgbldr

I see that Bobcat sells them (out of stock) for a small fortune. Of course I see they are even more expensive at some of the dealers online that do have them in stock.

As long as the shaft is the correct diameter and length you should be able to find after market shoes. Zoro.com sell several different replacement shoes but does not give dimensions. You could probably look at the manufacturers websites and get the dimensions.

mrbb

I would gather a a lot of plow shops carry like items that can be either a direct replacement or, can be modified to work for you,
I know I used to go thru a lot of like items and had a local machine shop make me some in the off season for a fraction of what the dealer wanted, using hardened steel as the shoe, lasted as long or longer, I even had some made to be thicker, which gave me more time between having to replace them!
Now this was all Pre Covid, and back when the world of things not costing crazy prices,
so take my info with a grain of salt if you shall, HAHA!
you have to consider this BS over priced world we now live in anymore

if you old one's are in good enough condition, you might also be able to just have a good machine shop weld on some harden steel to the shafts you have now! and have shaped ion a circle or what ever shape you wish them!, not sure again if cheaper than trying to find OEM though??
lastly, this NH part # should be a direct replacement too, but NOT any cheaper or in stock pending where you look now, but gives you a direct option to look for

dfb

I got mine a few years ago at Tractor Supply, they were short money and a direct replacement.

Coke-in-MN

Lot of places sell them and generally a 1" shaft welded to the skid plate . You can weld beads of hard surfacing rod to the base on skid plate to extend life . Most of my plowing both with truck and skid loader is asphalt and I do not use shoes.
TSC , Fleet Farm , Northern Hydraulics all carry them in season .
One trick you can use in early season before ground freezes is split a pipe down one side and then attach to cutting edge , the roud surface of pipe will stop edge from digging into soft ground .