How to remove 5635 starter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

We have a gehl 5635 skidsteer at the school I teach at. just before christmas the janitor was pushing some snow and came and parked it in my shop. Now it appears as if the starter or engine is stuck. I saw when he parked it so nothing weird happened. just drove it in and shut it down. The solinoid clicks but nothing spins. I think that the starter may be jammed? wondering if the previous users mounted the starter loose and it is now jammed sideways? we had only had it for a week. If you hold it (key ) it will smoke. anyways, is there any trick to getting that starter off? how many bolts hold it on? 3?

wisconsin_cowman

Not to hard to take the starter off take the cover off that covers the starter. The starter has there bolts to remove it really no trick. If it is jammed try to get a pry bar between there and push it out. I would also check the battery cables right away.

OP
OP
T
Not to hard to take the starter off take the cover off that covers the starter. The starter has there bolts to remove it really no trick. If it is jammed try to get a pry bar between there and push it out. I would also check the battery cables right away.
got it out this mornign after the sheils was removed it was easier to see what to do. Looks like a fresh new bosch, that is toast already. better the starter toasted than the engine.

Latest posts