How to install 14 pin attachment control kit?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nirias

I got the 14 pin attachment control kit for my S220 and the instructions dont exactly fit my bobcat with respect to routing the cable to the 14 pin socket. The instructions involve drilling and using self tap screws to attach the cable to the inside face of the lift arm, but on the S220 the lift arm has hydraulic lines and the existing 7 pin attachment control cable inside so drilling is a bit risky. It looks like the cable could be fished through the arm along with the hydraulic lines but only if I cut the cable and splice it back together - the connectors on each end are way too big to fit through the openings. Is cutting the cable the way to do this or is there some slick way to remove and reinstall the connectors from one end of the cable? Any other better way to install this kit (bobcat part 6 733 136)?

OldMachinist

You can remove the wires with their terminals from the connector with the proper extraction tool. Take your cable to a electronics shop and have them get the right tool for you. Then make a good schematic of the connector and remove the terminals, tape them together and fish it through the lift arm. Make sure you get the terminals back in the right location because you can only extract them a few times before they get loose and will give you trouble later.

Fishfiles

You can remove the wires with their terminals from the connector with the proper extraction tool. Take your cable to a electronics shop and have them get the right tool for you. Then make a good schematic of the connector and remove the terminals, tape them together and fish it through the lift arm. Make sure you get the terminals back in the right location because you can only extract them a few times before they get loose and will give you trouble later.
A paper clip makes a fine extraction tool when straightened out