How to bypass BICS, machine is stuck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nautique

I Have a 99 763f and my bucket is stuck down. I need to some how bypass the system and raise the bucket to get the machine on a trailer. The (valve light) on the bics is not on. Does anyone know of a spool valve that can be manually moved or a solenoid jumped to raise bucket. Or remove this dam BICS all together. Thank you

thetool

Man, I'd LOVE to help you out, but you're asking the wrong question. If you can get another machine to the site, support the rear of the machine, get in the cab and seat bar down, heel into float while the other machine raises your boom. I assume the machine moves......back it up onto the trailer, then take it to where the BICS can be repaired, not by-passed, please. I know that's not what you asked, but I hope this helps.

OP
OP
N

nautique

Man, I'd LOVE to help you out, but you're asking the wrong question. If you can get another machine to the site, support the rear of the machine, get in the cab and seat bar down, heel into float while the other machine raises your boom. I assume the machine moves......back it up onto the trailer, then take it to where the BICS can be repaired, not by-passed, please. I know that's not what you asked, but I hope this helps.
No the valve light does not flash,but the left hand control outer light blinks what I think is a code 2

OP
OP
N

nautique

No the valve light does not flash,but the left hand control outer light blinks what I think is a code 2
The tool... what do you mean by "heel into float while the other machine raises your boom" I dont have another machine to lift it up. I'm going to try to get a jack under it .

OldMachinist

The solenoid is most likely bad. I'm not sure on your machine but on mine it's located under the cab near where your left leg would be. Look for a large aluminum block with tube lines. The solenoid has an electrical connector. If you apply 12 volts to it you should hear it click. If it clicks then the wiring my be broken if it was grounded the light would have been flashing.
If all you want to do is raise the arms to get it on the trailer and take it in for repair you can loosen the fittings on the cylinders jack the bucket up tighten the fittings and chain it up.

perry

The solenoid is most likely bad. I'm not sure on your machine but on mine it's located under the cab near where your left leg would be. Look for a large aluminum block with tube lines. The solenoid has an electrical connector. If you apply 12 volts to it you should hear it click. If it clicks then the wiring my be broken if it was grounded the light would have been flashing.
If all you want to do is raise the arms to get it on the trailer and take it in for repair you can loosen the fittings on the cylinders jack the bucket up tighten the fittings and chain it up.
BC makes a 'push to operate kit, it's about $210 and easy to install. I had the same problem as you so I bought the kit.

thetool

Okay sorry about that..... By "heel into float" I mean that if you have pedals, on an F-series machine, Your float pedal when heeled back will lock into detent in "boom float" position. In the shop, I use a hoist and support the rear of the machine, and I can manually raise the boom so I can get in there and fix stuff. I don't understand why you just can't back your machine onto a trailer, if it's just your hydraulics that won't unlock. Or is your entire system locked up?

thetool

And sorry again....guess I should have read more......You have Advanced Hand Controls, and flash codes on your stick LED's. Never mind what I said about pedals.....sorry again. It gets more complicated now. On that system, your AHC system has to work correctly, which then signals the BICS to function(or malfunction). But you are wanting now to trailer the machine, right? If it were me, and I wanted to get the machine to a trailer, and the boom/bucket was stuck in some position preventing me from moving the machine, I would crack lines on the bucket and/or one lift cylinder and slowly back up the machine until it all came to rest level on the ground, then tighten the lines and back onto the trailer.

OP
OP
N

nautique

And sorry again....guess I should have read more......You have Advanced Hand Controls, and flash codes on your stick LED's. Never mind what I said about pedals.....sorry again. It gets more complicated now. On that system, your AHC system has to work correctly, which then signals the BICS to function(or malfunction). But you are wanting now to trailer the machine, right? If it were me, and I wanted to get the machine to a trailer, and the boom/bucket was stuck in some position preventing me from moving the machine, I would crack lines on the bucket and/or one lift cylinder and slowly back up the machine until it all came to rest level on the ground, then tighten the lines and back onto the trailer.
Thanks everybody for the info. Im not going to try anything today have to go over moms for easter dinner but will try to get it on the trailer tomorrow. Perry do you have any more info on that BC 'push to operate kit. The company name is BC?

perry

Thanks everybody for the info. Im not going to try anything today have to go over moms for easter dinner but will try to get it on the trailer tomorrow. Perry do you have any more info on that BC 'push to operate kit. The company name is BC?
That's BC for 'bobcat', just ask the parts guy for a 'push to operate kit'., It comes with a new bics and a push button to install on the left instrument panel. After you lower the bar then you push the button.

perry

That's BC for 'bobcat', just ask the parts guy for a 'push to operate kit'., It comes with a new bics and a push button to install on the left instrument panel. After you lower the bar then you push the button.
My seat sensor was bad so I bought the 'push to operate' kit. It may every well by pass other sensors, I don't know?.

thetool

My seat sensor was bad so I bought the 'push to operate' kit. It may every well by pass other sensors, I don't know?.
If you have flash codes on your left handle, a PTO kit ain't gonna fix it.

skidsteer.ca

If it's a 763F it wont be ACS,they were a cable operation.
If you take your bucket off,you will be able to load it onto a trailer.
The pto kit from Bobcat was to bypass the seat sensor. If you seat lite is coming on (on the bics controler) I don't think this kit will help.
The boom and tilt lock valve is in the aformentioned "aluminum box" it has hyd tube lines running from it and a single coil with a hot and ground. When the Bics controler is satisfied that all sensers are checking in, it simply powers up this valve to unlock the lift and tilt. (and also powers up the park (brake) pin coil to release the "park" pawls.
So you should be able to make it click with a couple jumper wires, you can hear it unlock if the machine is off.
Removing you bucket should work also. There is almost no weight left on the front of a BC once the attachment is off.
Ken

thetool

If it's a 763F it wont be ACS,they were a cable operation.
If you take your bucket off,you will be able to load it onto a trailer.
This is my understanding.....posted above by OP:

"No the valve light does not flash,but the left hand control outer light blinks what I think is a code 2"

Two LED's on the left handle is the first generation Advanced hand controls, not cables. This system does a self-test, then signals the BICS to unlock the hydraulics. If a component in the controls fails, BICS gets signal to lock up. On the left handle there are two LED's. Left(outer) and right. In an ACS malfunction, Either light will flash a number of times, pause then repeat. He says it's two(he thinks) flashes. This is a problem I think with either the lift actuator(servo on the valve) or the lift handle. I'll look up the codes today to make sure.

OP
OP
N

nautique

This is my understanding.....posted above by OP:

"No the valve light does not flash,but the left hand control outer light blinks what I think is a code 2"

Two LED's on the left handle is the first generation Advanced hand controls, not cables. This system does a self-test, then signals the BICS to unlock the hydraulics. If a component in the controls fails, BICS gets signal to lock up. On the left handle there are two LED's. Left(outer) and right. In an ACS malfunction, Either light will flash a number of times, pause then repeat. He says it's two(he thinks) flashes. This is a problem I think with either the lift actuator(servo on the valve) or the lift handle. I'll look up the codes today to make sure.
Yes the two LEDs on the left hand control should both be lit. My left light is blinking code 2 the right right one is off. It did this to me before and I was told the acuator was out of calabration. I did this procedure and it did not work, But then it started to work for about a month then started to work intermittently. Now I cant get it going at all. I know my handles are centered when I shut down. And I checked to see if the acuators return to center by manually moving them and the do. I'm a car mechanic (lexus) so a lot of this hydraulic stuff is foreign to me. Toyota should make skiddsteers!!!

thetool

Yes the two LEDs on the left hand control should both be lit. My left light is blinking code 2 the right right one is off. It did this to me before and I was told the acuator was out of calabration. I did this procedure and it did not work, But then it started to work for about a month then started to work intermittently. Now I cant get it going at all. I know my handles are centered when I shut down. And I checked to see if the acuators return to center by manually moving them and the do. I'm a car mechanic (lexus) so a lot of this hydraulic stuff is foreign to me. Toyota should make skiddsteers!!!
Hehe-Toyota does, or at least did. Then they took them out of the US Market, but were still available somewhere in the world. I don't know if they still do. I heard today Kubota is going to make a skid.
But back to your problem......I did some research today and two flashes is an actuator problem. Bad or out of calibration. Have you tried re-calibrating again? I think your actuator went bad. Good news and bad-They have a new, better one out, but it requires some extra parts and dollars to install. Do you have a yellow push-button float switch on the left handle?
My thinking in the course of working on these things is that if a guy could afford the expense of the parts(including a different main control valve) he'd be better off in the long run to convert back to straight mechanical foot pedals and avoid these hassles. Most of our customers traded these machines off.
Let me know if I can help you with the fix and good luck.

OP
OP
N

nautique

Hehe-Toyota does, or at least did. Then they took them out of the US Market, but were still available somewhere in the world. I don't know if they still do. I heard today Kubota is going to make a skid.
But back to your problem......I did some research today and two flashes is an actuator problem. Bad or out of calibration. Have you tried re-calibrating again? I think your actuator went bad. Good news and bad-They have a new, better one out, but it requires some extra parts and dollars to install. Do you have a yellow push-button float switch on the left handle?
My thinking in the course of working on these things is that if a guy could afford the expense of the parts(including a different main control valve) he'd be better off in the long run to convert back to straight mechanical foot pedals and avoid these hassles. Most of our customers traded these machines off.
Let me know if I can help you with the fix and good luck.
No I do not have a yellow switch on the handle. I tried some calibration before that someone said to do but we did not have the same model. I cant remember how it went.Something like hold both handles out and lift seat bar? I dont think that was it. Do you know of a calibration procedure for this model/year ? Well I got the bucket off and the machine onto a trailer and towed to a friends house. We ordered the repair manuals. I hope I can figure this on out! There are two actuators on this a top and bottom one on the valve block under where the hand throttle is... correct