How do you turn on the auxillary hydraulics?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mustang Gregg

I am building a log splitter from my 2008 Mustang 2076. I want to use the front hydraulic lines to run the splitting cylinder with a spool valve (mounted up near the cylinder). How do you turn the hydraulics on, so I don't have to operate the system from the seat? My dealer didn't think it was even possible. Yet they sell the CE Attachments log splitters. Much obliged, Mustang Gregg

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know how, but it should have a continuous flow mode to run things like a back hoe attachment. If you had an operators manual it should tell you.
All other skid steers that i know if have this feature, there is no reason yours won't have it too.

Land-Tech

I don't know how, but it should have a continuous flow mode to run things like a back hoe attachment. If you had an operators manual it should tell you.
All other skid steers that i know if have this feature, there is no reason yours won't have it too.
You should have two rocker switches on the panel, one that locks the drive and one that locks the aux. When you hook up your attachment, you flip the rocker to show red and it should work. Scott

OP
OP
M

Mustang Gregg

You should have two rocker switches on the panel, one that locks the drive and one that locks the aux. When you hook up your attachment, you flip the rocker to show red and it should work. Scott
Thanks, guys! I didn't find it in the manuals. What really seems funny is that the dealer & the service guys didn't think it could be done. Mustang Gregg

OP
OP
M

Mustang Gregg

Thanks, guys! I didn't find it in the manuals. What really seems funny is that the dealer & the service guys don't think it can be done. Mustang Gregg

Rookie

hey land tech....what are the 2 rockers for and which did u say for the auxillary hyds?
On mine the auxiliary hydraulics function all the time. The only time I put the rocker in red is when I am out of the seat using the backhoe. This by-passes the seat switch. @wirenut: There are two red/green rocker switches to the left. The one on the left is for the parking brake, the one to the right of it is for operating the auxiliary hydraulics when you are out of the seat. This is stated in the manual.