how can you enclose cab?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

6Lstrokin

Have an 01 JD 240. It has the glass across the back already. We figured we could just attach some plexiglass panels to the sides.... but how would you go about enclosing the front of the cab? they make a bolt on door or anything?

jklingel

I am not positive, but I'd bet a grand (your money) that I have seen complete enclosures for sale at places like SkidSteerSolutions.com, etc. I am sure that if you do a Google search, you will find them. I'm just playing devil's advocate, but I would not own an enclosed cab, at least not the front door part. Too often I have to get out of the machine w/ the arms up a tad, and a door would not open then. It is just constant; you're lifting something and have to get out to adjust a chain, move a pallet, etc. I prefer to get dressed for the cold and stay that way. Maybe I'm just cheap and rationalizing, but if you are dressed to be in a heated cab, how are you going to go out and work 10 minutes at zero degrees? I don't spend tons of time on the loader when it is cold, but I just plowed my driveway at -15, and it is a cake walk, if you are dressed for it. Even in the fall when it's 40 degrees, I'd prefer to hop in and out. Just my thoughts. Good luck.

jklingel

I am not positive, but I'd bet a grand (your money) that I have seen complete enclosures for sale at places like SkidSteerSolutions.com, etc. I am sure that if you do a Google search, you will find them. I'm just playing devil's advocate, but I would not own an enclosed cab, at least not the front door part. Too often I have to get out of the machine w/ the arms up a tad, and a door would not open then. It is just constant; you're lifting something and have to get out to adjust a chain, move a pallet, etc. I prefer to get dressed for the cold and stay that way. Maybe I'm just cheap and rationalizing, but if you are dressed to be in a heated cab, how are you going to go out and work 10 minutes at zero degrees? I don't spend tons of time on the loader when it is cold, but I just plowed my driveway at -15, and it is a cake walk, if you are dressed for it. Even in the fall when it's 40 degrees, I'd prefer to hop in and out. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
here's one. http://www.cabdepot.com/new/make_page.php

OP
OP

6Lstrokin

here's one. http://www.cabdepot.com/new/make_page.php
thats a really nice looking factory option type cab there! Main reason We want a cab enclosure would not be for just moving around equipment but for grading dirt, pushing snow, etc. so i wouldnt be getting out of it for long periods of time.. I played around on the net some and found these.. http://www.skidsteercabenclosures.com/Enclosures.html very cheap priced and should pretty much do the trick.. at least keep the wind off! and looks like should come off and on pretty easy and flying J has some 12v heater/fan things for $20 might add to the equation! Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts