Help with getting my 743 hopefully up and running :>

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP

743needhelp

Still nothing but a leak in the right arm. Fun Fun - I just want it to start up and I will fix that after since its a pretty easy fix. What about hooking 2 batteries up? It turns to slow and then stops for it to fire right now.
thinking of going through the trouble of disconnecting from hydro pump and seeing if the engine fires on its own. I hope this engine isn't bad

antfarmer2

thinking of going through the trouble of disconnecting from hydro pump and seeing if the engine fires on its own. I hope this engine isn't bad
If fluid is leaking now and was not before your pump is loading up more power will just burn up your starter once you get everything centered it will turn over keep playing with it

antfarmer2

If fluid is leaking now and was not before your pump is loading up more power will just burn up your starter once you get everything centered it will turn over keep playing with it
If it starts with the lift engaged it might raise your roof

OP
OP

743needhelp

It started!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now I have to fix the leak, make sure hydraulics work since never been tested and rewire everything. The wiring is going to be my biggest problem now because I hope the hydraulics work fine.

antfarmer2

It started!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But now I have to fix the leak, make sure hydraulics work since never been tested and rewire everything. The wiring is going to be my biggest problem now because I hope the hydraulics work fine.
Great I knew you could do it email old machinest in here with you s# and ask real nice for the wireing diagram he is a great guy

OP
OP

743needhelp

Great I knew you could do it email old machinest in here with you s# and ask real nice for the wireing diagram he is a great guy
It fired twice but I think the battery is weak because it is acting like that again but I am very confident it will fire back up after a little more charge. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help antfarmer and anyone else who his commented to try to help. I still have plenty to do and will need some help but its a very big and good start for me. I am kind of amazed that I was able to get where I am even though I know its pretty simple to you guys:>

antfarmer2

It fired twice but I think the battery is weak because it is acting like that again but I am very confident it will fire back up after a little more charge. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help antfarmer and anyone else who his commented to try to help. I still have plenty to do and will need some help but its a very big and good start for me. I am kind of amazed that I was able to get where I am even though I know its pretty simple to you guys:>
Feel free to call me you still have my phone number

Tazza

Staff member
Feel free to call me you still have my phone number
It shouldn't be cranking slowly, even with the aux hydraulics on it should spin fast enough to start.
It is possible the battery is bad but also possible it is a battery cable/starter issue. When cranking, are there any hot spots? CAREFULLY touch the terminal posts and feel for hot parts, work from the ground to the chassis then on the starter too. Don't hold your hand on it too long, doesn't take long to get burnt of it is hot.

Tazza

Staff member
It shouldn't be cranking slowly, even with the aux hydraulics on it should spin fast enough to start.
It is possible the battery is bad but also possible it is a battery cable/starter issue. When cranking, are there any hot spots? CAREFULLY touch the terminal posts and feel for hot parts, work from the ground to the chassis then on the starter too. Don't hold your hand on it too long, doesn't take long to get burnt of it is hot.
Oh, the wiring, the 743 is very simple, i totally re-wired mine without any issues. If you have a basic grasp of what needs to be done, you will be fine.