Help with getting my 743 hopefully up and running :>

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

743needhelp

Hey guys I have just replaced the engine in the 743 I bought and I am trying to get everything hooked back up but I need a little help and would greatly appreciate any I can get. +++++++ First off I am not mechanically inclined but have made it this far with some of your help so far but please dont make fun of me for what may be simple and stupid questions to you guys. +++++++ First I am not sure wire the fuel line with the prime bulb goes for sure on the v2203-DI ( I think it goes near where the starter is and there is an old clipped off metal tubing piece. Its the bottom where there is a medium size knob on the top of it where another line comes out the side and then goes to the little fuel bleeder valve that then has another hose that comes off it and goes to the first injector. If this is incorrect please let me know. ++++++ The second thing is the governor on these I think Antfarmer told me may need to be adjusted or I read somewhere else to just take it off the old 1702 but I am not even sure what the governor is but I think its the thing with the little adjustable screws that keep you from moving the throttle too much. ++++++ Also since I got the machine you can turn the wheels by hand but I think its just because all the hydraulic fluid was removed when the previous owners were replacing some seals which I hope they did so correctly. When I checked there was only a very small amount of fluid in the tank. I have since filled it. Is that all I need to do and when the engine is run it will bleed the hydraulics and make it where you cant turn them by hand because if I understand correctly you should not be able to freely move the machine without it running. +++++++++ Finally I need a wiring diagram to rewire everything because someone has cut wires everywhere, spliced others, and left a few taped off and hanging. I have it up on blocks as AntFarmer told me to do for safety so should I just try to jump the starter and get the engine running first or how should I proceed. Thanks, Norm

antfarmer2

Ok found you sounds like your on the right track make sure you have the hydro full before you try to start it get it fired and go from there

Tazza

Staff member
No it will bleed itself just work it around a bit the let it settle will take a few times keep cheaking the hydro fluid
No need to bleed the hydraulics, it will do it on it's own.
As for the engine, the line from the primer bulb should go to the lift pump that is just under the injector pump. The line then goes to the injector pump that has the bleed screw and a small hose to the #1 injector, this is the tap off line.
With that all setup, your fuel system is all setup correctly. To prime, open the bleed screw and pump the hand primer till if feels firm and smooth without bubbles. Close the bleed screw.
Now the throttle. I'm not 100% sure on this as i have never used a reefer engine. The throttle should be near the injector pump, just like the V1702. The stops you see are the low and high limits. It prevents it being over revved.
Being a different engine you will have an electric shut off solenoid. The V1702 did not have this. There is a solenoid with 3 wires near the injector pump. You will need to work out what wire is what. There will be a ground, pull and hold. The pull turns the fuel on the hold holds it in place. One will draw more power than the other. Ground the ground wire, wire the hold to switched power and wire the pull wire to the starter solenoid so it activated when cranking.
Hopefully that makes some sense.

OP
OP

743needhelp

No need to bleed the hydraulics, it will do it on it's own.
As for the engine, the line from the primer bulb should go to the lift pump that is just under the injector pump. The line then goes to the injector pump that has the bleed screw and a small hose to the #1 injector, this is the tap off line.
With that all setup, your fuel system is all setup correctly. To prime, open the bleed screw and pump the hand primer till if feels firm and smooth without bubbles. Close the bleed screw.
Now the throttle. I'm not 100% sure on this as i have never used a reefer engine. The throttle should be near the injector pump, just like the V1702. The stops you see are the low and high limits. It prevents it being over revved.
Being a different engine you will have an electric shut off solenoid. The V1702 did not have this. There is a solenoid with 3 wires near the injector pump. You will need to work out what wire is what. There will be a ground, pull and hold. The pull turns the fuel on the hold holds it in place. One will draw more power than the other. Ground the ground wire, wire the hold to switched power and wire the pull wire to the starter solenoid so it activated when cranking.
Hopefully that makes some sense.
It doesn't have the electric shut off solenoid. I was told to just cover and seal the hole where it goes off with a piece of metal and just use the mechanical one the same as the 1702. Do i leave it in the stop position at first to make sure oil gets everywhere in the engine first when cranking it and then let it set a few and open it and crank it again? Here is a link showing what I have going on PLEASE let me know if I have something wrong so I dont mess something up. This is not my actual engine but shows what I have going on. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx9HWzpZWBBab3lQQVQ1TUVrQU0/edit?usp=drivesdk

antfarmer2

It doesn't have the electric shut off solenoid. I was told to just cover and seal the hole where it goes off with a piece of metal and just use the mechanical one the same as the 1702. Do i leave it in the stop position at first to make sure oil gets everywhere in the engine first when cranking it and then let it set a few and open it and crank it again? Here is a link showing what I have going on PLEASE let me know if I have something wrong so I dont mess something up. This is not my actual engine but shows what I have going on. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx9HWzpZWBBab3lQQVQ1TUVrQU0/edit?usp=drivesdk
Either way oil will get there

antfarmer2

Are the fuel lines connected properly? In the image link above?
Can't get the link to work but if you have the one from the outlet from the tank to the injectors and the return line going back to the tank and bleeded it should be good to go have a fire ext close just in case and do not use ether keep the rpm's down

antfarmer2

Can't get the link to work but if you have the one from the outlet from the tank to the injectors and the return line going back to the tank and bleeded it should be good to go have a fire ext close just in case and do not use ether keep the rpm's down
Get it started?

antfarmer2

I got a new bigger battery and it tries to turn but does so slowly. Did I get a bad battery or is there anything else that could be going on?
Could be bad battery or the hydro is loading up wiggle your sticks and pedals to center and shoot some wd40 in it and see if it farts

OP
OP

743needhelp

Could be bad battery or the hydro is loading up wiggle your sticks and pedals to center and shoot some wd40 in it and see if it farts
Still nothing but a leak in the right arm. Fun Fun - I just want it to start up and I will fix that after since its a pretty easy fix. What about hooking 2 batteries up? It turns to slow and then stops for it to fire right now.