Help identifying a Loegering snowblower, value?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jackbombay

A friend of mine passed away this past summer and I'm helping his widow sort through and sell some of his equipment, he has a Logering LSB-85 snowblower, the LSB 85 comes in 2 varieties, the lsb 85 and the lsb85 extreme. The model number on the blower is shown as LSB-85-1 my hunch is that the one means it is the extreme model, but I'm not sure. I've searched around on the web and the only difference I can find between the two is that the extreme weighs 1,260 pounds and the normal model weighs 1,100 pounds, I could load it on a trailer and weigh it at the truck scale, but it seems there should be some way to tell by looking at the machine what model it is. I did call Loegering and they gave me contact info for the local dealer, I called them and they don't really sell the blowers much... At any rate, anyone here familiar with these blowers? Ballpark of what its worth? Thanks.

TriHonu

From what I have read online, Loegering sold their snow blower attachment to CAT. If you look at the CAT blowers they appear to be very similar to the couple pictures I found of LSB models.
You should contact Loegering and provide not only the model number and also the model number off the hydraulic motor.
The specifications of the hydraulic motor will determine how much hydraulic flow is required to operate the blower at its designed speed. By speed I mean how fast the blower's auger and impeller are rotating.
Since the blower is 85 inches wide, there is a good chance that the blower requires High Flow from the auxiliary circuit. Does this blower have 3 hydraulic lines (2 large and 1 small)?
High Flow blowers are expensive high performance units. The issue is there are far more standard flow skidsteers, so your list of potential buyers would be smaller.
The second issue is what electrical hook-up is required. If you can identify what loader he was running it with, it will help us identify the hydraulic and electrical requirements.
It is all about the blowers condition and your location. In my area (Minnesota) a used skidsteer blower will list anywhere from $3000 - $6000. If this is a high flow in good to very good condition, it would be in the $5000+ range. To get that money you will probably have to wait for Fall to early Winter. Now is not prime time for snow blower sales.
You should also check current prices from CAT. New this unit may be in the $10k range.

OP
OP
J

jackbombay

From what I have read online, Loegering sold their snow blower attachment to CAT. If you look at the CAT blowers they appear to be very similar to the couple pictures I found of LSB models.
You should contact Loegering and provide not only the model number and also the model number off the hydraulic motor.
The specifications of the hydraulic motor will determine how much hydraulic flow is required to operate the blower at its designed speed. By speed I mean how fast the blower's auger and impeller are rotating.
Since the blower is 85 inches wide, there is a good chance that the blower requires High Flow from the auxiliary circuit. Does this blower have 3 hydraulic lines (2 large and 1 small)?
High Flow blowers are expensive high performance units. The issue is there are far more standard flow skidsteers, so your list of potential buyers would be smaller.
The second issue is what electrical hook-up is required. If you can identify what loader he was running it with, it will help us identify the hydraulic and electrical requirements.
It is all about the blowers condition and your location. In my area (Minnesota) a used skidsteer blower will list anywhere from $3000 - $6000. If this is a high flow in good to very good condition, it would be in the $5000+ range. To get that money you will probably have to wait for Fall to early Winter. Now is not prime time for snow blower sales.
You should also check current prices from CAT. New this unit may be in the $10k range.
This is some great info, thanks! The unit has always been used on a Bobcat S300. It does indeed need high flow hydraulics (I've spent quite a few hours running it), but it is going to be sold with the bobcat to a guy locally so no shipping to deal with. It is just 2 large hydraulic lines, and a funny electrical plug with 8 pins or so. The blower is in pretty good condition, it has had a fair bit of use, but it did have a lot of parts replaced last fall. I don't know much about pricing on equipment, but the bobcat is a 2004 model, ~1,800 hours on it, the majority of those were blowing snow. I've been told it is worth $15-18K, does that sound about right? I was figuring that the blower would be worth at least half of the new cost, I'll check the CAT website and see if I can find some pricing info there. Here is a link to a photo of the original bill of sale for the bobcat, if you could take a look at it and see if you think the 15-18 price is in the ball park I'd appreciate it. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/schmeldenhoffer/bobcat_zpscvj8abkx.jpg

OP
OP
J

jackbombay

This is some great info, thanks! The unit has always been used on a Bobcat S300. It does indeed need high flow hydraulics (I've spent quite a few hours running it), but it is going to be sold with the bobcat to a guy locally so no shipping to deal with. It is just 2 large hydraulic lines, and a funny electrical plug with 8 pins or so. The blower is in pretty good condition, it has had a fair bit of use, but it did have a lot of parts replaced last fall. I don't know much about pricing on equipment, but the bobcat is a 2004 model, ~1,800 hours on it, the majority of those were blowing snow. I've been told it is worth $15-18K, does that sound about right? I was figuring that the blower would be worth at least half of the new cost, I'll check the CAT website and see if I can find some pricing info there. Here is a link to a photo of the original bill of sale for the bobcat, if you could take a look at it and see if you think the 15-18 price is in the ball park I'd appreciate it. http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/schmeldenhoffer/bobcat_zpscvj8abkx.jpg
This blower looks to be identical to the one I'm looking for info on, $7,000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-034-Commercial-Skid-Steer-Loader-Snowblower-Attachment-for-Bobcat-Cat-John-Deere-/160195645688?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

TriHonu

This blower looks to be identical to the one I'm looking for info on, $7,000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-034-Commercial-Skid-Steer-Loader-Snowblower-Attachment-for-Bobcat-Cat-John-Deere-/160195645688?_trksid=p2054897.l4275
An S300 with 2 speed, high flow and 1800 hours would sell for more than $15-$18K around here if in good condition.
Check the comps on Machinery Trader or Equipment Trader. Note a lot of these listings are dealer prices. Private sales are usually less since there is no warranty. Package deals with attachments are usually less than items sold separately.
You can also ask the local dealer about value in your area. Availability of good low hour machines can alter local prices.

OP
OP
J

jackbombay

An S300 with 2 speed, high flow and 1800 hours would sell for more than $15-$18K around here if in good condition.
Check the comps on Machinery Trader or Equipment Trader. Note a lot of these listings are dealer prices. Private sales are usually less since there is no warranty. Package deals with attachments are usually less than items sold separately.
You can also ask the local dealer about value in your area. Availability of good low hour machines can alter local prices.
Great, thanks for the help :)