Head gasket leaking 773-500K machine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sven0777

Hello, I have an'02 773-500K bobcat with approximately 2600hrs. As you are standing behind the machine, coolant is leaking out between the head and block right at the left side corner of the engine. Is it possible this is just the gasket or might I be more likely to have a cracked head as well. Any tips from experienced pros would be appreciated as I dig into this! Thanks so much, Sven0777

Tazza

Staff member
I have never seen one leak coolant out like that before, the gasket generally holds it all inside. You will need to pull the head and look for cracks and check of the gasket has let go.
The coolant isn't leaking out of a hose or thermostat housing and leaking across is it? yet i'm sure you'd see that if it was, it has a long way to travel.

LyHydroponics

Hi, I could be totally wrong about this, but could it be from one of the bolt holes for the manifold? Ive found on some of my kubota engines that the bolt holes actually go into coolant galleries. This is more so for the exhaust manifold bolts..

Tazza

Staff member
Hi, I could be totally wrong about this, but could it be from one of the bolt holes for the manifold? Ive found on some of my kubota engines that the bolt holes actually go into coolant galleries. This is more so for the exhaust manifold bolts..
You make a good point, they should be sealed with loctite, but that doesn't mean a previous owner didn't remove them for some reason and didn't seal them again.