having trouble removing the bushing on bobtach for a 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jarrettfikel

has anyone tried the weldin replacement bushing . if so how hard was it to do? does anyone have a bobtach for sale? has anyone bouight a new bobtach? if so how much was it? mine has been pretty loose since i bought it and im trying to tighten it back up . i bought the bushing but cant get the old one out . the are waddled out and i cant tell where the bushing starts and ends. there is not enough room to install the press in bushings i bought. any feed back would be helpful thanks.

farmshop

New quick attach is 1000$ plus. I have done the weldin bushings. They aren't terrible if you have a torch or plasma cutter. If the old press in are still there you can heat them with a torch. The thinner bushings will heat up faster than the thicker weld in one. You can weld around the press in bushings to make them shrink. Just don't weld through them

OP
OP
J

jarrettfikel

New quick attach is 1000$ plus. I have done the weldin bushings. They aren't terrible if you have a torch or plasma cutter. If the old press in are still there you can heat them with a torch. The thinner bushings will heat up faster than the thicker weld in one. You can weld around the press in bushings to make them shrink. Just don't weld through them
thanks for the reply . i dont know if the old bushings are still there but i do know that there is not enough room for the new ones . i looked at maybe doing the weld in ones and it looked like a lot of cutting to remove the original . i can weld in the new ones but i was concerned about the alignment . the bobcat dealer said if i need weld in than i should replace the bobtach assy

farmshop

thanks for the reply . i dont know if the old bushings are still there but i do know that there is not enough room for the new ones . i looked at maybe doing the weld in ones and it looked like a lot of cutting to remove the original . i can weld in the new ones but i was concerned about the alignment . the bobcat dealer said if i need weld in than i should replace the bobtach assy
If the rest of it is in good shape our dealer will rebuild them

Tazza

Staff member
If the rest of it is in good shape our dealer will rebuild them
I have done it before, as already mentioned, a plasma cutter and grinder will get the old ones out.
The best advise i can give is to use new pins and mount it in the arms to align the bushings, weld slowly, don't let it get too hot and twist.

OP
OP
J

jarrettfikel

I have done it before, as already mentioned, a plasma cutter and grinder will get the old ones out.
The best advise i can give is to use new pins and mount it in the arms to align the bushings, weld slowly, don't let it get too hot and twist.
im going to try removing the bushings first . if that doesn't work then i buy the weld in repair bushings . i don't have a plasma cutter so i was going to use cutting rods .it will not be as clean but should work are there any hidden welds or are they all accessible ?

OP
OP
J

jarrettfikel

im going to try removing the bushings first . if that doesn't work then i buy the weld in repair bushings . i don't have a plasma cutter so i was going to use cutting rods .it will not be as clean but should work are there any hidden welds or are they all accessible ?
also where the lift cylinder attaches is really loose also so im gonna heve to address that also. any advice on that would be helpful thanks

Tazza

Staff member
also where the lift cylinder attaches is really loose also so im gonna heve to address that also. any advice on that would be helpful thanks
It all depends on what parts have worn.
I have had a bobtach that the pin must have started moving and wore the hole that the pin goes through and secured to the bobtach so it can't twist. It wore so bad, that i needed to cut it all out and make a new one. If the wear is just in the eyes of the ram, there are bushings in here that can be replaced.

OP
OP
J

jarrettfikel

It all depends on what parts have worn.
I have had a bobtach that the pin must have started moving and wore the hole that the pin goes through and secured to the bobtach so it can't twist. It wore so bad, that i needed to cut it all out and make a new one. If the wear is just in the eyes of the ram, there are bushings in here that can be replaced.
thanks i was afraid of that . i noticed that the pin is rotating even with the bolt that holds it . so i ordered the bushing and new pin and seals . can i just build up weld and ream it till it is tite?

Tazza

Staff member
thanks i was afraid of that . i noticed that the pin is rotating even with the bolt that holds it . so i ordered the bushing and new pin and seals . can i just build up weld and ream it till it is tite?
It depends on what you have to ream it out with. A hand reamer will not work, it will chatter like crazy, i have tried and failed.
The ideal way is to line bore them out, but access can be an issue. Worst case, if the bosses are really worn, cut and replace them using the pin to align them while welding.