Grease, fuel, additives.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

banzo

So my skidsteer arrived today, one week before expectation. After cleanup and assessment I'll be doing my initial lubrication checks, and greasing the pins. Reading on another forum, it sounds like the machine should be greased once a day at minimum (rather than at fueling stops). Operating this machine in a cold climate, what would you recommend I be putting in my machine? I have good discounts at the local NAPA dealer on parts, also I may have good deals at the local CO-OP Gas bar. Oooh, keep in mind I live in Canada, and not all products, or their names, are up here ;) . Is there a formal specification sheet that I should be looking at?

skidsteer.ca

You bought a 773F?
The manual for that calls for 10/40 above zero C and 5/30 below. But if you doing snow and it will see frequent cold starts you might want to consider 0-40 synthetic. Good for cold or hot weather. That fuel tank is only 53 litres (G series are 93) so youcould get by with greasing at fuel ups. Personally I like every 8 hours, and the tilt cylinder pin at the back of the quick attach every 4 hours if the opportunity is available.
If it came from the south you will definitely want to test (or change) the anti freeze.
If your parking outside switching your hydraulic oil to 5/30 would be a good idea. It should be changed every any 1000 hours anyway as well as the filter. So it might be due
. Also you will want a block heater. Zerstart #"s for Kubota

V1702, V1703, V1902, V1903, V2003, V2003T, V2203​

(4 cylinder)​

Part No. Watt Volt Diameter Type​

3100025 400 120 35mm Freeze Plug​

Installation Information:

Install in back end of head. Point element 2 o'clock.
Make sure you neutral adjustments are spot on so your not using the starters power fighting your hydrostats at startup.
New fuel filter and a spare on hand. Winter grade fuel of course.
Ken