tractor fuel question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

foton

I have a 2005 dong feng le204a tractor. I have noticed the fuel in the bowl swirling it looks like with air when running at speed. At a idle it is not seen. When the tractor is off and the fuel is on there is no leak, so I am assuming there is no vacuum leak sucking air when running. It seems to have slight power loss above 2000 rpm. Got any ideas? filters and screens are clean. I have posted this on a tractor forum with no replys so I am asking here.

brdgbldr

I have a 2005 dong feng le204a tractor. I have noticed the fuel in the bowl swirling it looks like with air when running at speed. At an idle it is not seen. When the tractor is off and the fuel is on there is no leak, so I am assuming there is no vacuum leak sucking air when running. It seems to have slight power loss above 2000 rpm. Got any ideas? filters and screens are clean. I have posted this on a tractor forum with no replys so I am asking here.
I am not familiar with you r machine but it could be that the fuel pickup hose/tube inside of the tank has a crack in it. The fuel pickup tube fails in a lot a different machines.

OP
OP
F

foton

Yeah I wish it could be that, the pick up screws into the bottom of the tank. I have noticed to the injection pumps oil has become diluited with diesel,so i am wondering if pressure is getting pushed backwards in the fuel system, I do not know enough about these chinese copys of the bosch pumps.

OP
OP
F

foton

well it is not the injection pump. about 6 months ago I had replaced the sediment bowl filter, instead of using a oem filter I got a ford 8n type. I placed the filter into the fuel hose instead of adapting to tank to accept the different thread. Since the filter is not screwed in the tank bottom the reserve is not used,so I screwed the thumbwheel all the way out, well that is the problem. When I screwed the thumbwheel into the reserve position the turblance goes away,screw it out and it comes back. All I can figure is that the two pickups are to close together by being in closed in a coupling ( instead of a fuel tank) with the two pickups being open it ceates a washing machine of turbalance. wierd but true, well maybe. what yall think?