843 gets no fuel

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wjrobin

I recently bought my first steer loader. After several hours of operating, I noticed fuel leaking from gasket on top of injector pump. I ordered the gasket and replaced it. But when I took off the cover all fuel from injectors lines emptied. Now I can get fuel up to the pump, but cannot get it back up to the injectors. Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Tazza

Staff member
I assume a perkins or isuzu engine?
There should be a hand primer in there somewhere, give it a good squeeze. If you crack the injector lines and spin it over, you should get fuel to the injectors. Tighten them and you should be good to go.
I have never worked on one of those engines, but the priming is pretty well the same on all diesels.

OP
OP
W

wjrobin

I assume a perkins or isuzu engine?
There should be a hand primer in there somewhere, give it a good squeeze. If you crack the injector lines and spin it over, you should get fuel to the injectors. Tighten them and you should be good to go.
I have never worked on one of those engines, but the priming is pretty well the same on all diesels.
It is an Isuzu-4JB1 engine. I've tried that, I even have the front 2 injector lines off. But I pump it up and bleed the pump then turn it over, no fuel. Its like the fuel is shut off inside the pump. Thanks for any other suggestions.

Tazza

Staff member
It is an Isuzu-4JB1 engine. I've tried that, I even have the front 2 injector lines off. But I pump it up and bleed the pump then turn it over, no fuel. Its like the fuel is shut off inside the pump. Thanks for any other suggestions.
You mention it's acting like the fuel is off, could the fuel shut off be the cause? Do you get fuel coming out just before the injector pump if you squeezt the primer bulb?
Just want to make sure you are getting fuel all the way to the pump.

OP
OP
W

wjrobin

You mention it's acting like the fuel is off, could the fuel shut off be the cause? Do you get fuel coming out just before the injector pump if you squeezt the primer bulb?
Yes. I have even removed the bolt at the end of the plunger barrel and I get fuel there, but it still dont deliver out the injector line fittings.

OP
OP
W

wjrobin

Yes. I have even removed the bolt at the end of the plunger barrel and I get fuel there, but it still dont deliver out the injector line fittings. Also today I removed all injector lines and pulled the delivery valves. They had some grit in them. I can hear the fuel shut off valve open when the switch is turned on. I am running out of options, and I don't want to remove the injector pump because I know nothing about the timing of it.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes. I have even removed the bolt at the end of the plunger barrel and I get fuel there, but it still dont deliver out the injector line fittings. Also today I removed all injector lines and pulled the delivery valves. They had some grit in them. I can hear the fuel shut off valve open when the switch is turned on. I am running out of options, and I don't want to remove the injector pump because I know nothing about the timing of it.
You have gotten in about as deep as my knowledge goes, hopefully another member can give you some advise to sort it out.
Has to be something simple as you just changed a filter....

OP
OP
W

wjrobin

You have gotten in about as deep as my knowledge goes, hopefully another member can give you some advise to sort it out.
Has to be something simple as you just changed a filter....
someone, Everyone, I STILL NEED HELP!!!!!!

farmshop

someone, Everyone, I STILL NEED HELP!!!!!!
Is the fuel shut off staying open while turning it over. I have had various machines that would drop the shut off while cranking it. If possible hold it or tie it so it cant shut off

OP
OP
W

wjrobin

Is the fuel shut off staying open while turning it over. I have had various machines that would drop the shut off while cranking it. If possible hold it or tie it so it cant shut off
Yes, I even took the valve out and removed the plunger and still no fuel out delivery valves.