Fuel sender voltage below lower limit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hey guys!

Bought a pt100g skid steer recently with a forestry mulching head, it's pretty tidy but has a few errors it was throwing up occasionally. Once cycling the power a couple of times they'd usually disappear and i could keep working. (I know I should have jumped on it straight away). I'm getting Fuel sender voltage below lower limit, fan fwd solenoid fault, loss of communications between main controller and output module.

Because they all come up together i'm thinking they all must be wired in together somewhere, or maybe in a circuit and once one stuffs up it kills the rest?

I had the cab up today and noticed that the channels were full of crap and that the wiring from the fuel sender was in all of it and most likely getting pinched, this will be my first step when i get back to the machine. I'd greatly appreciate any and all suggestions on where to look next.

Thanks in advance!

brdgbldr

It sounds like an intermittent short.
Clean and tighten battery terminals and all grounding points. And I do mean clean them. Use a wire brush and make sure there is no paint under the grounding points.
Also check your fuses. Make sure that they are tight and don't have any corrosion.

If none of that works, clean and dry all of the wire connections from the wiring harness. While doing that, keep an eye out for any rub throughs or pinch points in the wiring.

foton

I would take a close look at the grounds and the connectors give them a tug when checking sometimes they will just come apart from corrosion.

OP
OP
G
Hey mate thanks for the reply, I went over as much as I could get to but wouldn't you know it's working again. I'm thinking it must be something close to the engine as it only seems to happen once the engine heats up?

Now I've got a new problem, at full throttle with the mulching head going. The engine ramp is bouncing up and down. Only doing it when mulcher engaged. I'll post a video with this.

Any help would be amazing

Attachments

• IMG_1043.mov
    18.6 MB