ford 4 clylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jerry

ok it is getting fuel cleaned the tank and lines ,It starts fine and will run pretty good if the choke is pulled out about half way,so I think that is an air fuel mixture trouble I am going to check the intake man. to see if I am sucking air there then work my way up to the carb.I have at one time it ran great idle smooth hit the throttle and it did great. thougth I had it , that is when I shut it down and waited 20 min. and started back up then it started to doing what it is doing now.there my by a small check ball in the well of the accelrating pump stuck.from what I have been told.
I don't remember a accelerator pump on the carb. Does yours have the electric solenoid on the bowl? Does sound like a vacuum leak that shows up when the manifold is warm though. When it is idling spray wd 40 around the manifold to block connections to see if the engine reacts at all. There may be better things to use but I think we used wd 40. If it has a leak the engine should speed up.

OP
OP
O

oldgoat

I don't remember a accelerator pump on the carb. Does yours have the electric solenoid on the bowl? Does sound like a vacuum leak that shows up when the manifold is warm though. When it is idling spray wd 40 around the manifold to block connections to see if the engine reacts at all. There may be better things to use but I think we used wd 40. If it has a leak the engine should speed up.
Well I checked for vacuum leaks cannt find any,so I am going to the carb again Now the trouble is getting the well vent out of the bottom of the accelerator pump well,I have a old junk one that I am playing with till I get it figured out.tryed to thread it and easy out they didnt work any thoughts thank

Latest posts