For F#&k Sakes

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

So I got the undercarriage fixed. Works pretty awsome. I gave it to some friends to test it out, They were building a motorcross track, and the tractor started to "weaken" then vibrate, now nothing. no drive or hydraulics. motor runs good. The guys using it are pro. So thats not an issue. Any ideas??? I thought of the coupler< is that possible??

Tazza

Staff member
It does sound like it could be, this machine is a direct drive? not bet driven?
I have seen a plate on an old case that had a steel flex plate with rubber bonded where it mounted to the motor and the pump. Your machine may be the same basic setup. I really hope its something as simple as that.
Does it still vibrate?

bobcat_ron

It does sound like it could be, this machine is a direct drive? not bet driven?
I have seen a plate on an old case that had a steel flex plate with rubber bonded where it mounted to the motor and the pump. Your machine may be the same basic setup. I really hope its something as simple as that.
Does it still vibrate?
Sounds like the coupler between the engine and pumps, not a major issue, just time consuming.

thetool

Sounds like the coupler between the engine and pumps, not a major issue, just time consuming.
"Sounds like the coupler between the engine and pumps, not a major issue, just time consuming. "
I just felt a simultaneous Disturbance In The Force, Deja 'vu, and a vague tug from my counterpart in an "alternate universe" which caused an uncontrollable fit of hilarity and loss of bladder control.
Now seated in a fresh pair of Depends, I hope for the OP's sake that this is indeed not a major issue. I am very interested in exactly how minor but time-consuming the fix will be. Please keep us posted.

bobcat_ron

"Sounds like the coupler between the engine and pumps, not a major issue, just time consuming. "
I just felt a simultaneous Disturbance In The Force, Deja 'vu, and a vague tug from my counterpart in an "alternate universe" which caused an uncontrollable fit of hilarity and loss of bladder control.
Now seated in a fresh pair of Depends, I hope for the OP's sake that this is indeed not a major issue. I am very interested in exactly how minor but time-consuming the fix will be. Please keep us posted.
You need this:

http://bairproductsinc.com/products/part_rp.html

"The male section of the drive coupler that is attached to the hydraulic pump is retained by a split flange and pinch bolt. Vibration and harmonics will cause this part to vibrate forward towards the engine and into the counter bore of the fly wheel. When this happens, all functions will stop and the female half of the drive coupler will be destroyed. Bair Products has solved this problem with no modifications necessary and does not require longer bolts. Made of stainless steel, this is a 100% fix and will not wear out."

Latest posts