Cat 258D3 vs Kubota SVL 72 (2 or 3)

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

backwaterdogs

Hello All!

I will be buying my first compact track loader (i still call it skid steer). Probably will buy a new Cat 259D3, here's my situation

I work at Cat and get a heck of a discount, so a no brainer getting a new Cat. But before I understood this, I was looking around at mostly used kubota and priced new ones out of curiosity.

Per kubota website the new 75-3 prices out at like 75k. If i price a 259d3 on cat web site, it's right at 86k.

Is the normal, is Cat typically that much higher or are folks getting a competitive price from a dealer? I'll get a little better price and I know Cat gets a premium, but was surprised it's that much.

Is the Cat 259 that much of a better machine?

kroog

Operate each one for a fair comparison. Both will get the job done. The CAT will hold higher resale value and if you work for CAT or a CAT dealer, you should be able to buy an extended warranty at a deep discount. You should be able to purchase your parts at a discount too. Just a thought. Best of luck.

brdgbldr

Hello All!

I will be buying my first compact track loader (i still call it skid steer). Probably will buy a new Cat 259D3, here's my situation

I work at Cat and get a heck of a discount, so a no brainer getting a new Cat. But before I understood this, I was looking around at mostly used kubota and priced new ones out of curiosity.

Per kubota website the new 75-3 prices out at like 75k. If i price a 259d3 on cat web site, it's right at 86k.

Is the normal, is Cat typically that much higher or are folks getting a competitive price from a dealer? I'll get a little better price and I know Cat gets a premium, but was surprised it's that much.

Is the Cat 259 that much of a better machine?
I've talked to several equipment mechanics and they have all pretty much told me that CAT or Bobcat machines seem to be the best and most durable. They also hold there resale value. But you pay the higher price up front.

Latest posts