Blowing 10 amp ecm fuse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Captjack

Well I got the 262b running but I keep blowing the interlock ecm fuse 10amp. Cat wants 3500 bucks for the part Any thing to check before I spend this kind of money on a 15 yr old machine

Tazza

Staff member
So, you have a dead short on the ECM power line?
It could be a shorted wire in the harness and not the ECM its self. You can try disconnecting the plug at the ECM and seeing if the fuse blows.
Does it blow the fuse as soon as you turn the key, or does it go when you try and activate something?

OP
OP
C

Captjack

So, you have a dead short on the ECM power line?
It could be a shorted wire in the harness and not the ECM its self. You can try disconnecting the plug at the ECM and seeing if the fuse blows.
Does it blow the fuse as soon as you turn the key, or does it go when you try and activate something?
Sorry I should have posted the out come earlier. After tracing every wire on the schematic and testing , I found the Parking Brake solenoid was bad. Replace and ran it for 8 hours - no more issues.

Tazza

Staff member
Sorry I should have posted the out come earlier. After tracing every wire on the schematic and testing , I found the Parking Brake solenoid was bad. Replace and ran it for 8 hours - no more issues.
Glad it wasn't the ECM! i'd like to think a dead short like that would be rare in the ECM, but it is still possible.
Enjoy using your machine.