FOA fault

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
S

Straydog

The serial number is the only way to check for the year built. I would think the dealers in your area have some kind of book on equipment listing the serial numbers and the year of production.
A more general way to tell year of production is to look at the rear door. The first few years the door had stamped oval openings. In 98 I think or 99 they went to a slat style rear door. Also the threashold up front was metal until I believe 1999 when they went to plastic.
You can not go by the instrument panel since many of the gray boards were replaced with gold trimmed boards. I think in 1999 they went to an instrument panel with four retaining bolts instead of two.
Mine has oval holes in the rear door and 2 bolt holes on the instrument panel. I also found this web site http://www.equipmentwatch.com and when I enter my serial number it says its a 1994 production year which sounds about right.

OP
OP
S

Straydog

Mine has oval holes in the rear door and 2 bolt holes on the instrument panel. I also found this web site http://www.equipmentwatch.com and when I enter my serial number it says its a 1994 production year which sounds about right.
My ignition switch has a position marked as accessories but it won't rotate more anticlockwise than the "stop" position. Is there something wrong with the switch? Also, the green/black accessories wire has been disconnected from the switch. Can I connect this wire to the ignition terminal? I realize that would mean the ignition would need to be on to power the headlights but at the moment I can't see any other solution.

Mike10

My ignition switch has a position marked as accessories but it won't rotate more anticlockwise than the "stop" position. Is there something wrong with the switch? Also, the green/black accessories wire has been disconnected from the switch. Can I connect this wire to the ignition terminal? I realize that would mean the ignition would need to be on to power the headlights but at the moment I can't see any other solution.
Check your wiring diagram but if the ltgn/b wire is on the acc terminal it should go to the instrument panel to pin 11 of one of the connectors. Do not put it on the ign terminal of the switch. The lights should not work with the key off. Replace the ignition switch someone may have put a different switch in the unit.
The service manual says the ltgn/b wire is to warn the key is on when exiting the loader, but it may also have other purposes. In the later LS machines with the gray instrument panels I know if you loose power to this wire it will lock the hydrualics.