Flat Face Coupler Quality Differences?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Butters

I see flat faced couplers priced everywhere from $35 to $99. I know that somtimes it they are a bear to hook up. I am getting ready to add a grapple to a bucket and will need to buy some couplers. Do any of you have better luck with a certain brand, or should I go with the cheapest?

skidsteer.ca

I han't had any trouble with the cheaper ones. I have had the Fasters from Bobcat leak on ocasion too. Been just buying them from a guy off ebay, If I get a few sets they cut me a good deal. They were the Faster brand that is oem to many loaders.
Where did you see them for $35?
Ken

OP
OP
B

Butters

I han't had any trouble with the cheaper ones. I have had the Fasters from Bobcat leak on ocasion too. Been just buying them from a guy off ebay, If I get a few sets they cut me a good deal. They were the Faster brand that is oem to many loaders.
Where did you see them for $35?
Ken
I saw some on eby for $35 with a lot of shipping charges. I was afraid they may have been import junk from a rapidly developing asian country and be of low quality. I don't really want to mess around too much with 2500 psi of oil.

Luthor

I saw some on eby for $35 with a lot of shipping charges. I was afraid they may have been import junk from a rapidly developing asian country and be of low quality. I don't really want to mess around too much with 2500 psi of oil.
In Australia the most common brand name available is Stucchi which are made in Italy and are very good quality.

WebbCo

In Australia the most common brand name available is Stucchi which are made in Italy and are very good quality.
We sell the Stucci brand at our dealership, both male and female average about 80.00/85.00
Great quality, we warranty them not to leak for one year too.

Mark

perry

We sell the Stucci brand at our dealership, both male and female average about 80.00/85.00
Great quality, we warranty them not to leak for one year too.

Mark
I get a 'baileys' catalog about every other month, I usually just glance it over or pay no attention to anything other than what I'm looking for. Well I gave it a good look the other day and could have saved money had I had paid more attention. I suggest you guys call them and order a catalog.
Perry

switzforge

Are all of the different brands of flat face couplers compatable? or do you have to have all the same?

WebbCo

Are all of the different brands of flat face couplers compatable? or do you have to have all the same?
Nope they are not, I have to purchase Stucci to match up with the Fastner/Bobcat couplers.
Its amazing how many people come to my counter with differerent types of couplers. All I can do is sell them both sides to get them connected.
Mark

Tazza

Staff member
Nope they are not, I have to purchase Stucci to match up with the Fastner/Bobcat couplers.
Its amazing how many people come to my counter with differerent types of couplers. All I can do is sell them both sides to get them connected.
Mark
Its a shame they don't come up with a *standard* like the normal connectors, they all seem to fit each other between brands if the sizes are the same of course!

skidsteer.ca

Its a shame they don't come up with a *standard* like the normal connectors, they all seem to fit each other between brands if the sizes are the same of course!
Many of the manufactuers make this coupler. It's just a matter of making sure it is crossed correctly.
I know Parker makes a compatible coupler, but they also have another one that was used on the Case 1840/45 and some slightly newer model before the joined the Bobcat/Faster style.
I know Princess Auto in Canada had another brand "DNP" that was compatible, and the brand Mark mentions.
The local hose shop guy shook his head a year ago when I showed him one, but he now carries them, apparently because CN railways uses them on something.
Its no longer a matter of what brand, its a matter of knowing what part # it is in the brand thats available. Also there are different threads available for the hose end, such as 1/2" and 3/4" NPT (national pipe thread) and ORB (o ring boss)
They are getting to be more common.
Ken

WebbCo

Many of the manufactuers make this coupler. It's just a matter of making sure it is crossed correctly.
I know Parker makes a compatible coupler, but they also have another one that was used on the Case 1840/45 and some slightly newer model before the joined the Bobcat/Faster style.
I know Princess Auto in Canada had another brand "DNP" that was compatible, and the brand Mark mentions.
The local hose shop guy shook his head a year ago when I showed him one, but he now carries them, apparently because CN railways uses them on something.
Its no longer a matter of what brand, its a matter of knowing what part # it is in the brand thats available. Also there are different threads available for the hose end, such as 1/2" and 3/4" NPT (national pipe thread) and ORB (o ring boss)
They are getting to be more common.
Ken
Lets not forget that other little jewel of a coupler system available on all the G series and newer the 3 coupler block that is not available from anyone, except Bobcat/Gehl and a few other oem machines. This one is a peach, Stucci says its is not far off from making a complete change over system that uses the standard couplers again. Their system would replace the 3 pc block system currently being shipped. This compitition should bring down the cost of the oem stuff.