863, which coupler goes where and what is the normal flow direction.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mogman

My 863 (non high flow) has the female coupler is on top and the lower male is the normal "trigger" flow direction, is this correct?
I cannot find my manual and am completely shocked Bobcat wants money to download a safety related item such as the operator manual, injury lawyers probably eat that up!!!

brdgbldr

My 863 (non high flow) has the female coupler is on top and the lower male is the normal "trigger" flow direction, is this correct?
I cannot find my manual and am completely shocked Bobcat wants money to download a safety related item such as the operator manual, injury lawyers probably eat that up!!!
The female coupler should be on the bottom and it is the bottom coupler that is pressurized when the trigger is pressed for constant flow. You should also be able to reverse constant flow with the proper button/switch procedures.

You can check to make sure your couplers have been reversed by looking at the parts catalog for your serial number.

OP
OP
M

mogman

That makes perfect sense as the male is longer and the bottom line is inset farther than the top one, it just did not look right as the male stuck out to where it looks easy to damage, been that way for years (ever since I bought it) I just needed to replace a leaking female and noticed how they were mounted.
I guess now I have to reverse all the couplers on my attachments.....
Is there anywhere I can get the instructions for how the aux. hydraulics work (button/light sequence) etc. without having to pay for a download??

OP
OP
M

mogman

Thanks for the link, the 863 was easy to find using the serial number, unfortunately not the case with my 15C auger, I need seals for it.

brdgbldr

You can buy a paper operator manual for under $30 and a service manual for under $60 on eBay. I've bought several manuals on eBay.

I've attached a couple of photos of my A300 manual. Most of the procedures for the hydraulics are the same on all Bobcats. Not real good photos but they may be useful.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpeg
    IMG_0436.jpeg
    463 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0435.jpeg
    IMG_0435.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts