Need a new pump shaft spline coupler.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LittleE

Hi again, earlier I was looking for a thick washer for the spline coupler. I ended up just finding an outfit that makes various size thick washers. Since mine looked a bit abused, I went with a stainless steel washer of the same thickness and inner diameter, but 1/8 inch larger on the outer diameter. Seemed like a better fit. Anyway, I found out what over-tightening the bolt does, so now I'm looking for a new spline coupler. I was putting a little extra torque into it since the reason I had to pull the engine was because the bolt holding the coupler on, had come off.

Since LPS was the last suggestion for parts, I looked there first. They can get me their version of the coupler, but out of stock for 90 days. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to look next. The Bobcat dealer can get me one in about 3 days or so, but it is over twice as much, at $200 plus shipping. I can get an aftermarket one through MRK Sales via Amazon, (about $150 plus shipping), but not sure what either the quality or warrantee would be through MRK.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

brdgbldr

Hi again, earlier I was looking for a thick washer for the spline coupler. I ended up just finding an outfit that makes various size thick washers. Since mine looked a bit abused, I went with a stainless steel washer of the same thickness and inner diameter, but 1/8 inch larger on the outer diameter. Seemed like a better fit. Anyway, I found out what over-tightening the bolt does, so now I'm looking for a new spline coupler. I was putting a little extra torque into it since the reason I had to pull the engine was because the bolt holding the coupler on, had come off.

Since LPS was the last suggestion for parts, I looked there first. They can get me their version of the coupler, but out of stock for 90 days. I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on where to look next. The Bobcat dealer can get me one in about 3 days or so, but it is over twice as much, at $200 plus shipping. I can get an aftermarket one through MRK Sales via Amazon, (about $150 plus shipping), but not sure what either the quality or warrantee would be through MRK.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
If you order the part from Bobcat directly the shipping is free for purchases over $99.

OP
OP
L

LittleE

Thanks for the insight and link brdgbldr. I did go to the site and order the spline coupler adapter. It is $150.99, about $50 cheaper than through a dealership and as you pointed out, no shipping charge, so probably about a $70 savings.

Note: While doing my research, the original part number I found was 6558924. I believe this number is obsolete can't be found on the Bobcat website. The new number is 7106572 for anyone who may need this information in the future. The part is "universal" so it works with several different Bobcat models.

Latest posts