first time owner of a 1991 Mustang 960 skid steer T handle with the Isuzu 4jb1pk-02 runs good.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

shovelhead

The problems so far that i see is the
fuel injection pump is leaking so ordered a
new one got it today. Second thing is a fluid leak maybe o-ring on the back end of the control valve.
I will post a picture of the valve in hopes the some one can tell me the make of it an tell me where to get a repair kit.
I've got a lot more questions. Thanks for any IMF control valve.jpg.

Firefighter

U bought yourself a work horse, it is old but can still be a very reliable loader
on that spool valve they used different kits for each spool not sure which section u need to rebuild
if u have a gehl or mustang dealer they can fix u up most parts are still available

OP
OP
S

shovelhead

Thanks for the help. I think it is the forward control valve. The fuel injection pump is leaking. I got a new one.
I think I will have to pull the radiator to be able to see the crank timing marks. I would like to move it closer to the shop
other side of the yard but fuel is leaking in to the oil an I do not want to spin a bearing. So I pinch off the line to stop the fuel
I know the fuel filter housing has a shutoff but for some reason they put on an inline filter, probably to cheap to buy one.
Can I get a screw on filter to fit that had a bowl on is not on it.

Firefighter

a napa 3426 filter will fit n work just fine, as for timing the pump it will work to
just scribe a line across the pump & idler gear when you remove the timing cover. i don't think
u could get the marks to line up without turning it over quite abit