Extending wiper arms????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

LIMaint

I replaced the wiper with a slightly longer one, but would like it to cover more of the window for visibility. I've been thinking of replacing or extending the arm, Has anone replaced the standard wiper arm on their machine with a longer one?

Tazza

Staff member
I have never done it, but i see no reason why it won't work. The only thing i'd watch is how much load the wiper motor seems to have on it, if you can hear it struggling the new arm is too large and you will burn the motor out.

skidsteer.ca

On my 93 753 bobcat the wiper arm was adjustable for lenght. Maybe yours is too.
It wiped so low on the window I was looking through the un wiped area. It was a plesant surprize when I noticed that.
Ken

OP
OP
L

LIMaint

On my 93 753 bobcat the wiper arm was adjustable for lenght. Maybe yours is too.
It wiped so low on the window I was looking through the un wiped area. It was a plesant surprize when I noticed that.
Ken
They don't seem like they are extendable, and with me being 6'4 I'm usually looking right through the muddy part. thanks

switzforge

They don't seem like they are extendable, and with me being 6'4 I'm usually looking right through the muddy part. thanks
I'm not 6' 4" but still have the same problem. A real pain when lowing snow. I have to bend down to see out. The dealer didn't know of a fix, but it sure seems likely that something could be done. I'm going out right now to check for an adjustment on my 236B

switzforge

I'm not 6' 4" but still have the same problem. A real pain when lowing snow. I have to bend down to see out. The dealer didn't know of a fix, but it sure seems likely that something could be done. I'm going out right now to check for an adjustment on my 236B
Nope, no adjustment on mine either

skidsteer.ca

This has been driving myself crazy as well. There has gotta be a fix for this, my neck can't take much more bending to see out the window!
My old 753 is long gone. Wish I knew if that arm was factory (Had a factory cab) or what brand it was. It was so simple, lift a clip and the solid part just slid out of the tin part that houses the spring. Some one has to make one. or find a longer arm.
Ken

bobcat_ron

My old 753 is long gone. Wish I knew if that arm was factory (Had a factory cab) or what brand it was. It was so simple, lift a clip and the solid part just slid out of the tin part that houses the spring. Some one has to make one. or find a longer arm.
Ken
If you take the motor and gear box apart, you can adjust the throw of the arm another 20 degrees, but you will need a one piece window like I use that is smooth and round, not like the 3 piece one that Cat supplies.
There is a pin you knock out of the gear the worm drive turns, it even tells you how much you will have.