Engine bogs down w/ no load

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

hi guys,
during our recent snow storm i notice my LX565 starts to bog down like if you were digging into hard packed dirt and you can feel the motor trying to quit. it does it with or with out a load and rally only when the boom is being raised and especially when the bucket curls. when the bucket uncurls and boom is dropped it seems to be fine...any ideas?
thanks,
steve

Tazza

Staff member
I assume you have checked the obvious? air and fuel filters?
Could it be a fuel suply issue?

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

I assume you have checked the obvious? air and fuel filters?
Could it be a fuel suply issue?
good morning tazza,
yes..i changed the inline filter and the remote filter..i also went a head and replaced the fuel pump. i have NOT checked the air filter but will today
steve

Earthwerks Unlimited

good morning tazza,
yes..i changed the inline filter and the remote filter..i also went a head and replaced the fuel pump. i have NOT checked the air filter but will today
steve
Mine larger machine does it too during and after plowing too--sometimes. I think it's due to powdery snow getting into the engine bay and being sucked into the air cleaner clogging it until the engine can suck enough air through it. It goes away after a few minutes. If it odes it more often it may be an indication the fuel pump is going or the fuel pump fuse (if it has one) is corroded and drawing more amps cutting out power.