Early 70's owatonna 310 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

t-roy1969

Hi, i have an old 310 owatonna skidder that recently lost most of the left side drive, it still goes foreward a bit but really nothing in reverse. The right side works fine. The belt that runs the pumps is new, and when it started acting up i put new filters on it, same thing. my question is where do I start? with the pump, or with the hydraulic motor. I ordered a manual off ebay today, that should help a bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Can you swap drive motors from side to side? if it moves the problem, its the motor, if not its the pump.

OP
OP
T

t-roy1969

Can you swap drive motors from side to side? if it moves the problem, its the motor, if not its the pump.
That sounds like a plan, I have some leaking wheel seals to replace in there too, thanks for the help and i will let you know the outcome.

OP
OP
T

t-roy1969

That sounds like a plan, I have some leaking wheel seals to replace in there too, thanks for the help and i will let you know the outcome.
Well I finally had some time to dig into my skiddy and found the hoses between the pump and motor were leaking, way easier to fix than I imagined. So as long as I was in there I changed out all the hoses and seals, cost me $165 for the parts and about 3 hrs standing on my head fixing it. All is good with my 310 now ,thanks for the help.

Tazza

Staff member
Well I finally had some time to dig into my skiddy and found the hoses between the pump and motor were leaking, way easier to fix than I imagined. So as long as I was in there I changed out all the hoses and seals, cost me $165 for the parts and about 3 hrs standing on my head fixing it. All is good with my 310 now ,thanks for the help.
Good to hear, that was much sheaper than a pump or motor repair, that's for sure. Glad you changed the other hoses while you were in there, nothing worse than having to do a job twice.

Latest posts