duetz timing belt

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

Very nice!
Did you happen to take any piccies? it would be interesting to see the timing pins. My Pug engine simply uses threaded dowels which i made in my lathe.
Tazza, the pins are special although the cam pin could be done with a dowl since it just hold the cam in on place, The crank pin is threaded in and the crank rotates into it for a positive stop. After you put the new belt on with both pins installed and set the tension , you lock the cam with one pin and then thread the crank pin in until it touches the crank. Valve timing is correct if you have 3/4 to 21/2 turns left on the threads.If not repeat procedure.
I will take pictures tonight and post thanks Scott

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, the pins are special although the cam pin could be done with a dowl since it just hold the cam in on place, The crank pin is threaded in and the crank rotates into it for a positive stop. After you put the new belt on with both pins installed and set the tension , you lock the cam with one pin and then thread the crank pin in until it touches the crank. Valve timing is correct if you have 3/4 to 21/2 turns left on the threads.If not repeat procedure.
I will take pictures tonight and post thanks Scott
Pretty complicated, i like my Kubota, simply line up the dots on the idler gear and presto! The Peugeot is simply 4 dowels and a self adjusting tensioner, so simple!

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

Pretty complicated, i like my Kubota, simply line up the dots on the idler gear and presto! The Peugeot is simply 4 dowels and a self adjusting tensioner, so simple!
I agree with you about the simplicity but I got what I got.Again the learning curve was the worst.
the pics are small but you can see crank on bottom, cam on top, oil pump to the left with the idler in the middle. This pic was taken before I removed old belt. Notice slacked belt on right,between crank and cam. I might have reversed rotation before I took the pic but I don't think so.The gauge on the left is about $675, ouch!! New belt is tight all the way around.
Spent all day cleaning trying out a new degreaser. Got most of it off but quite a bit landed on me .Scott
P4170010Small.jpg TIMINGPINS image by LANDTEKK
P4140008Small.jpg image by LANDTEKK

thetool

I agree with you about the simplicity but I got what I got.Again the learning curve was the worst.
the pics are small but you can see crank on bottom, cam on top, oil pump to the left with the idler in the middle. This pic was taken before I removed old belt. Notice slacked belt on right,between crank and cam. I might have reversed rotation before I took the pic but I don't think so.The gauge on the left is about $675, ouch!! New belt is tight all the way around.
Spent all day cleaning trying out a new degreaser. Got most of it off but quite a bit landed on me .Scott
Oh man.......I read this thread and I wanted to find out quick who quoted you $370 for the tension tool in the original post.....cuz that's a steal.
Then in the last post you have the price at $675, which is the norm here.
Oh well......
About 8 years ago I was working for an outfit that was cleaning house and chucked one in scrap metal. I found out two days after they hauled the bin off.

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

Oh man.......I read this thread and I wanted to find out quick who quoted you $370 for the tension tool in the original post.....cuz that's a steal.
Then in the last post you have the price at $675, which is the norm here.
Oh well......
About 8 years ago I was working for an outfit that was cleaning house and chucked one in scrap metal. I found out two days after they hauled the bin off.
This is a late reply but I would the first price quote was over a year and a half ago before the us dollar dropped and the guy behind the counter probably using a quote from a couple of years before. When I rented it a second time last winter the price went way up. The tool seems way over priced but Duetz has the proprietary option to charge what they want for there tool. I thought I was lucky to be able to rent it for $25 per day. I also replaced the motor mounts and the machine is truly running great, no more vibration and the one leak I had that from a hose connection went away too. thanks scott