Does anybody have a NH L190 with 12X16.5 tires on it?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tmc31

I just bought a used NH L190 with 14X17.5 tires on it. I would like to run some steel tracks on it but in order to keep it where it will fit on my trailer, I will have to go to 12X16.5's. I am wondering what the clearance from the sidewall of the 12X16.5 tires to the chain box cover is. If it is 3" or more I will not have to buy spacers. It will fit on my trailer even if I have to use spacers but I would rather not use them if I can get away with it. If any of you are running a L190 with the 12X16.5 tires, would you mind measuring the clearance and letting me know? Thanks, Tim

skidsteer.ca

Tracks Plus show it requiring a spacer with either the 12" or 14" tire combinations.
You onlu other option woud be to get wheels with more positive offset to move your tires out another 2"
Ken

OP
OP
T

tmc31

Tracks Plus show it requiring a spacer with either the 12" or 14" tire combinations.
You onlu other option woud be to get wheels with more positive offset to move your tires out another 2"
Ken
I got out yesterday afternoon and measured between the tire casings of my 14X17.5 and the chain case on my NH 190 and had 2.6" of clearance. I only need another .4" to get the 3" I need to run tracks without spacers. I guess I will go to my dealer and see if I can borrow a 12X16.5 tire and rim to mount up and measure. I will also be able to try mounting the wheel both ways to see if I gain any more clearance one way or another. Tim

skidsteer.ca

I got out yesterday afternoon and measured between the tire casings of my 14X17.5 and the chain case on my NH 190 and had 2.6" of clearance. I only need another .4" to get the 3" I need to run tracks without spacers. I guess I will go to my dealer and see if I can borrow a 12X16.5 tire and rim to mount up and measure. I will also be able to try mounting the wheel both ways to see if I gain any more clearance one way or another. Tim
I would say it should be work down to 2 inches, but you will scratch the side of your machine more with the tracks. Hopefully just paint removal, but you would need to keep a close eye on it.
Ken

OP
OP
T

tmc31

I would say it should be work down to 2 inches, but you will scratch the side of your machine more with the tracks. Hopefully just paint removal, but you would need to keep a close eye on it.
Ken
Ken, I borrowed a 12X16.5 tire and rim from my dealer today. Tomorrow I will mount it up and see what kind of clearance I have. I will report back in case there is any interest. Tim

OP
OP
T

tmc31

Ken, I borrowed a 12X16.5 tire and rim from my dealer today. Tomorrow I will mount it up and see what kind of clearance I have. I will report back in case there is any interest. Tim
I borrowed a 12X16.5 tire and rim from my dealer and mounted it on my skid in place of the 14X17.5 that was on it. The clearance between the casing and the chain case with the larger tires was 2.6". The clearance with the smaller tire was 4.3". Tracks plus says that you have to have at least 3" of clearance on order to run their tracks without spacers. So, I believe I am good to go without using spacers :) Tim