Daewoo 1760XL Mystery wires, If you have a 1760 XL Please help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cocoabill

I bought a Daewoo 1760XL and the wiring is mostly bypassed, it runs but has to be manually stopped. I am trying to sort the wiring out and have two wires that I can't figure out what they are. They are fairly heavy gauge so figure they are important. Have a look at the picture attached, if you have a similar unit maybe you know whats supposed to hook on here?

Thanks
Bill

Bill
1760-Wires.jpg

foton

this is a guess but the colors and that rubber cover makes me think that they went to the alternator at one time, I see the alternator does have a solderless connector on it. Maybe it has been converted to a single wire type alt. I would do something with those wires like trace them back and remove them or insulate them well.

OP
OP
C

cocoabill

Thanks, that's decent guess, the ones on the alternator do have a similar braid. I wish that Daewoo hade more info on their wiring diagram like wire guage. There is a red yellow on there glow plug relay on the diagram, but I have no idea where that relay was located originally. I guess I need to dig a bit and get out my wire tracer, It would be nice if when people have electrical issues they fix them rather than mickey mousing things.

OP
OP
C

cocoabill

I think I might be looking for something like the attached image, again if anyone has a 1760 and knows what the glow plug relay looks like let me know?

gpc.jpg

foton

it could be a relay but there should be a third smaller wire to energize the relay maybe I just do not see it. do your glow plugs operate now?