Cutting edge

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Hey guys, putting together parts to build a land plane and need a cutting edge, I think?. where might I find one at a reasonable price, width is little problem, I will leave or cut to fit.

Thanks

Bandit1047

This is just a crazy idea that may work. Find someone that repairs paper cutters or a company that sharpens paper cutter blades. They may have or can guide you to a used blade. You may need to drill holes to attach the blade since it may have too much carbon in the steel to weld it. You can do that with a staight flute carbide drill, however you will need a drill press or you will break the bits. Drill with a very high speed heating the metal with steedy down pressure and when the material gets hot, increase the pressure and take the chip, keep doing this till you break through. Just before you break through, back off the pressure. Joe

OP
OP
P

perry

This is just a crazy idea that may work. Find someone that repairs paper cutters or a company that sharpens paper cutter blades. They may have or can guide you to a used blade. You may need to drill holes to attach the blade since it may have too much carbon in the steel to weld it. You can do that with a staight flute carbide drill, however you will need a drill press or you will break the bits. Drill with a very high speed heating the metal with steedy down pressure and when the material gets hot, increase the pressure and take the chip, keep doing this till you break through. Just before you break through, back off the pressure. Joe
Thanks Bandit, but that's far more complicated than I want to go. I found a couple, just doing a little price shopping.