creating crown with bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sterlclan

No problem. I know what you meant, but I figured I could give him a more detailed answer.
I'm with you, "Use what you have, thats why you have it!" There are projects that are not cost or time effective to do with a skid steer, however that depends upon how much money you have compared to how much time you have.
I while back I suggested we add a Forum area for Machine Operation. This thread would fit in that area.
The more I watch others operate equipment the more I believe there are a few "Dirt Surgeons", many "Good Operators" and a lot of "Equipment Drivers" out there. I am well aware the more I learn about operation, the more I realize I don't know yet. Every time I get behind the controls I not only think about what I am trying to do, I pay attention to what the machine is doing and what the soil is doing at the cutting edge. It is all about getting better results whether that means: getting it done faster, more accurate, with a technique that causes less damage to the surrounding area, or safer than I have done it before.
Id like to think I fit in between surgeon and good operator but it is a learning type of event every day........and sometimes watching others is a painful thing to do............Jeff

OldMachinist

Id like to think I fit in between surgeon and good operator but it is a learning type of event every day........and sometimes watching others is a painful thing to do............Jeff
I didn't say you couldn't do the crown with a Bobcat I just said it wasn't well suited to do the job.
The question I should have asked from the beginning is how long is this new road and what kind of terrain and soil does it have to pass through. If your just putting in a couple hundred feet of flat road then use what you got. If you have to work on hills and or some real distance then I'd do what you said and put in what you can and then get something to grade with. I'm lucky because when I have to cut a new road I can get one of the township road guys to bring a grader and do it on a weekend for a little cash and beer. You may find if you ask around there's someone in you area with the equipment and some spare time looking to make a couple bucks on the side.

Latest posts