Cost to replace spool valve seals?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MNBobcat

Hi All, I have a 1996 Bobcat 763H that is leaking oil around the top spool valve. If I take it in to the dealer to have the seals replaced top and bottom, any idea what it roughly costs? I know I could do it myself but I don't want to. :) I can call in the morning and ask the dealer what they change. But I thought maybe someone tonight would know.

Bswwood

Expect to pay $400-$600, that's labor, seals, and oil. Some shops will flat rate at 4 hours but can be done for much less than that.

OP
OP
M

MNBobcat

Expect to pay $400-$600, that's labor, seals, and oil. Some shops will flat rate at 4 hours but can be done for much less than that.
Thanks for the reply. When I look at it it looks to me like you drain the hydraulic oil and then remove the cap screws from the spool valves and then slide them out. But there has to be more to it then that. Does anything on the opposite end (the front of the control valve assembly) need to be removed in order to be able to slide the spool valves out the rear once the screws are removed?

Latest posts