Cleanout box on right side of Bobcat 853 standing water is this normal?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

neonewman

Cleanout box on right side of Bobcat 853 standing water is this normal?
IMG_0197.jpg

brdgbldr

Your drain holes are clogged up.

There are 4 drain holes. 2 at the front and 2 at back on either side of the chain case.

OP
OP
N

neonewman

Your drain holes are clogged up.

There are 4 drain holes. 2 at the front and 2 at back on either side of the chain case.
I cant find these drain holes I have looked in parts manual and service manual and they are not show. Are they just holes or do they have bolts in them? Pic would be very helpful.

OP
OP
N

neonewman

I found the back drains they are right behind the weld right where you cant see them. Front two still a mystery but I have unclogged and a lot of debris came out.

brdgbldr

I found the back drains they are right behind the weld right where you cant see them. Front two still a mystery but I have unclogged and a lot of debris came out.
The front two holes are a mirror image of the back two. If you run your fingers along the bottom front of the chain case to where the frame begins to angle up, that is where the holes are.

If the holes are clogged solid, they can be hard to feel. Mine were clogged with a mortar or concrete and I needed a hammer and chisel to open them.

thedassler

When I bought my t190, I did an inspection, opened up the cab, looked downside, and didn't know what I was looking at. Thought I saw the bottom or floor of the machine with a little grease and grime. I later learned, after I got the machine back home, that I had about 4 inches of sand, gravel, tree debris, oil...maybe a few lost artefacts from ancient times. Took me days to get all the grime out. Those pesky drains, should be checked every once in a while.

wateka

Amen to that, and don't just throw out all the dirt you dig out from there. When I picked up my 853, there were some old beer cans floating in that same oily water pond you have. I ended up with three 5-gallon buckets full of dirt that I poured diesel in to make some kind of stirrable slurry. I then was able to fish out a gallon buckets worth of bolts, nuts, and random parts that helped solve some missing parts mysteries later on. I bought my 853 in 2022 and the best-by dates on those beer cans I found were from 2012. That, plus the broken camshaft I found when I stripped the engine apart, leads me to believe it had been sitting around inoperable for 10+ years.

dfb

My 742B had many oil leaks and debris{mostly mulch} in the motor covers and floor of the chassis that I could not even tell there were motors there once the covers were removed. Just scraping those area filled up a couple 5 gal buckets in no time. Multiple passes with the pressure washer and more scraping got it clean. Had that mess ever caught fire, the oil soaked mulch would have burned for a very long time. Keeping it clean helps to identify even the smallest of leaks early on.

Latest posts