Clark 632 Valve Guide Intake?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kavan Sidhu

My father has a clark 632 got new back then like 1976 or so I think when I was born. Now its all rusty and crap. It started smoking on tuesday. Took it all apart and (a friend not me) and found I need this. Drove with my father to Schiller Park Bobcat. Wauconda doesn not have it either. http://gsstea.blogspot.com/2015/11/clark-632-parts.html Schiller Park gave us 3 sheets. 1 with diagram and 2 with parts list. Linked above as scanned best I could. Anyhow he said Clark 632 is over 30 years and uses a rare 1.6 litre ford engine. So nobody makes parts anymore. Anyhow it works but no as goods an new. Anyhow a friend helped us take it apart and diagnosed we need on that link last scanned page #30. 6648800 is the new number and "was" was the old number. But no googleing turned up anything. Even talked to a guy in cincinnati ohio and he does not have it. Nobody seems to have it. I am afraid schiller park guy was right and might be impossible to find.

Hotrod1830

Any good automotive machine shop should be able to get you valve guides for it. If they tell you otherwise, find a different shop. These engines are almost identical to the 1.6 Ford pinto engines, and most parts will interchange, including valve guides. Sealed power VG5044. Dont forget valve stem seals.

Hotrod1830

Any good automotive machine shop should be able to get you valve guides for it. If they tell you otherwise, find a different shop. These engines are almost identical to the 1.6 Ford pinto engines, and most parts will interchange, including valve guides. Sealed power VG5044. Dont forget valve stem seals.
Just thinking, If you dont have the tools to install the guides and seals, it may be a wise choice just to let the machine shop do it. They can do a valve job and check it for cracks and surface it at the same time. Money well spent.

OP
OP
K

Kavan Sidhu

Just thinking, If you dont have the tools to install the guides and seals, it may be a wise choice just to let the machine shop do it. They can do a valve job and check it for cracks and surface it at the same time. Money well spent.
What year pinto?

spring

also, If you try to use a complete used pinto 1.6, try and reuse the original BOBCAT camshaft. Not sure how different they are, but the BOBCAT's are rated at a lower RPM compared to passenger cars.
The similar motor to the Kent 1.6 was the Ford Fiesta 1.6 from 1978 to 1980. The heads are interchangeable and can be used but the Bobcat runs a 1.500" diameter intake valve and the Fiesta ran a 1.400". this is probably due to the cam size. You should be able to get the guides for yours using this information for repairing Fiesta heads. I do know that Fiesta's had a lot of problems with overheating, this may have been due to coolant issues etc.