Chassis similarities with 825 Bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

steve911

I asked a similar question a few months ago about Aux hydraulics plumbing for my 825. Here is the background. I have an 825 with Aux hydraulics except that the spool valve isn't "plumbed" to the front of the machine. The pedal and spool valve is there but no piping. Of course the parts are no longer available from bobcat. One person suggested I merely put a pair of really long hoses in. definitely a possibily but cosmetics are important to me too. My question now is, are there any other machines that are/were similar to the 825 that I might find parts from in order to complete my project? The steel tubing runs along the left loader arm up to the front of the machine, where two short hoses connect up to two pieces of tube that have the quick disconnects mounted to the cross piece that joins the loader arms. Is there a source for junk parts? thanks Steve A.

Tazza

Staff member
I think they were different to the later model machines. Honestly, hoses would be your best route. If you were worried about cosmetics, why not just get a bunch of hose clamps to keep the hoses in place and looking good. You could also buy two lengths of steel tube and fix them to the arms and have hoses at the ends? The way slightly newer machines secured them ot the arms was with a metal tab, very simple and they did the job very well too.

mrfixitpaul

I think they were different to the later model machines. Honestly, hoses would be your best route. If you were worried about cosmetics, why not just get a bunch of hose clamps to keep the hoses in place and looking good. You could also buy two lengths of steel tube and fix them to the arms and have hoses at the ends? The way slightly newer machines secured them ot the arms was with a metal tab, very simple and they did the job very well too.
I've never seen any bobcat, older or newer, that was styled like the 825....it is a unique animal.

jeffco

I've never seen any bobcat, older or newer, that was styled like the 825....it is a unique animal.
I would be interested to see where the hoses would be tucked in on the left boom arm with out pinching one. My thought in a pinch would be to run them along the inner frame rail on the left side and access the couplers when necessary at the front of the machine. I think fabricated steel line can be done with JIC fittings and double flare fittings. I never use mine and they are dented, pinched and bent but they don't leak cause once and a while I bump the aux pedal and that makes a leak very evident. If pictures would help I could email them to your personal email, I know you contacted me at one time about the 825 and you may have mine, otherwise let me know here because I'm using the 825 regularly now for a few more weeks so would take a minute to take all kinds of shots for you, glad to do it. Jeffco