case 40xt Hydraulic Gear Pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cabrerac

Im replacing the hydraulic gear pump on my 40xt and the repair manual is telling me to hook up a vacum pump prior to removing the gear pump. It doesnt go into detail where and how to hook it up. Is this necessary?
Appreciate any help.

cdmccul

Hrrrrrmmmmmm, I wonder if they are saying to hook it up to the hydraulic tank to hold the fluid back, making less mess till you cap the lines.

Working on diesel fuel tanks on semi trucks we'd do that. Like if we had to service the fuel lines between the tanks, etc. We used a shop vac at the fuel cap.

So, now I'm curious what it is they are calling for.

Gearclash

I wonder if they are saying to hook it up to the hydraulic tank to hold the fluid back, making less mess till you cap the lines.
This is the idea.

In all the years I've worked on Case skid steers, I've never bothered to put a vacuum on the reservoir. Just make sure the pressure is relieved and move quickly if a line is opened.

OP
OP
C

cabrerac

Thank you I'm going to try and do this without hooking up the vacum pump.... just move quickly ! Doesnt the hydraulic lines self bleed ?
Thanks

OP
OP
C

cabrerac

Hrrrrrmmmmmm, I wonder if they are saying to hook it up to the hydraulic tank to hold the fluid back, making less mess till you cap the lines.

Working on diesel fuel tanks on semi trucks we'd do that. Like if we had to service the fuel lines between the tanks, etc. We used a shop vac at the fuel cap.

So, now I'm curious what it is they are calling for.
I'm working on it this weekend! I'll let you know.
Thanks