Carlisle - Multi Trac C/S Lawn Tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skayser2

I have a Bobcat 463 (teaspoon) I use only for snow removal in the winter. New in 03/04??? I use the 4' snowblower, 5' bucket and a pushblade. 700 hours on the machine so far and tires are worn enough that they may need replacing next season. Was wondering if anyone here with smaller machines have ever tried a good turf tire (mower) instead of the regular skid tire? Was considering the Carlisle-Multi Trac C/S lawn tire. It's 6 ply and has a fairly aggressive thread pattern. Sidewalls, I'm sure won't be as stiff as a skid tire. I may run into problems with that. Looking at the 23x8.5x12 as that's what on mine now. There just isn't an option out there for a standard 12" snow tire. Crazy idea? Any comments?? http://www.titantires.com/multi-trac-turf-tire.html Thanks, Steve

skidsteer.ca

Steve
I don't see why it would not work for a all around tire on a light machine like that.
If you are looking for a snow only tire a skinny one will grip better with the simular tread and most try to find something taller to give you more speed as you can't use all your power in the winter anyway.
To post links be sure to hit the space bar once at the end of the link then it will work on this board. I fixed yours. Have a good day.
Ken

OP
OP
S

skayser2

Steve
I don't see why it would not work for a all around tire on a light machine like that.
If you are looking for a snow only tire a skinny one will grip better with the simular tread and most try to find something taller to give you more speed as you can't use all your power in the winter anyway.
To post links be sure to hit the space bar once at the end of the link then it will work on this board. I fixed yours. Have a good day.
Ken
Thanks Ken, I agree taller and narrower would be better except they didn't leave but an inch between the arms and the front tires on this 463. I'll keep looking in the meantime. Might be able to come up with a 13" wheel with the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle and snow tires that will still give me the 23" tall combination. Thanks for your help on the link. Steve

skidsteer.ca

Thanks Ken, I agree taller and narrower would be better except they didn't leave but an inch between the arms and the front tires on this 463. I'll keep looking in the meantime. Might be able to come up with a 13" wheel with the 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle and snow tires that will still give me the 23" tall combination. Thanks for your help on the link. Steve
5 on 4.5 circle is a ford or dodge car, also white spoke trailer wheels can be ordered in 13, 14 and 15" dia with that bolt circle.
Ken

Latest posts