Buzzer on 331

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RedDog

My Dad recently aquired a 331 excavator with around 3100 hours. I've been on it about 15 minutes and it runs really good. I'm guessing it is about a 97 model, has rubber tracks. There is this very annoying buzzer that stays on. As soon as you turn the key in the ignition this buzzer comes on, even though the motor is not running yet. It stays on when the motor is running also. We do not have a manual and some of the gauges are a little hard to read. This buzzer seems to have a light in the dash up above the fuel gauge. Light comes on, along with buzzer, but you cannot read what the light is suppose to be lighting up,,,, if that makes sense. You have the fuel gauge, then right above it is a "blacked out" spot, then right above this is the annoying buzzer light. Can anybody help with this? Thanks,,,,

thetool

Probably an engine oil pressure lie. The sender is on the front of the engine, behind the seat, and hopefully yours has an access panel.
Verify that you have engine oil pressure. The wires going to the sender could be disconnected or could have gotten burned on the manifold. The sender could be bad. There is a warning module under the armrest that could be bad.
On early models, the fuel level was connected to the warning module. Don't run out of gas=).
Good Luck

OP
OP
R

RedDog

Probably an engine oil pressure lie. The sender is on the front of the engine, behind the seat, and hopefully yours has an access panel.
Verify that you have engine oil pressure. The wires going to the sender could be disconnected or could have gotten burned on the manifold. The sender could be bad. There is a warning module under the armrest that could be bad.
On early models, the fuel level was connected to the warning module. Don't run out of gas=).
Good Luck
I appreciate the reply and will look into it. I just wish I could read all the gauges. Looks like most of them have faded from sitting outside.

thetool

I appreciate the reply and will look into it. I just wish I could read all the gauges. Looks like most of them have faded from sitting outside.
Yeah-I would keep a towel in the cab and cover the gauges when I shut it down. Little late now but somethig to think about if you fix them up.

Land-Tech

Yeah-I would keep a towel in the cab and cover the gauges when I shut it down. Little late now but somethig to think about if you fix them up.
My manual for the 96 says that the buzzer will sound when the key is in the on position with engine off, low oil pressure or overheating. Low oil pressure also activate light on console. Being a optimist it's probable a sensor, I would think that if it's been run this way for a while,you would hear a lot of engine rattle or it would have seized. If it runs good with no oil pressure it must be a Kubota. ha ha scott

Land-Tech

My manual for the 96 says that the buzzer will sound when the key is in the on position with engine off, low oil pressure or overheating. Low oil pressure also activate light on console. Being a optimist it's probable a sensor, I would think that if it's been run this way for a while,you would hear a lot of engine rattle or it would have seized. If it runs good with no oil pressure it must be a Kubota. ha ha scott
Ok I reread the manual and the temp sensor does activate a light. It's in the spot that you described,right above the blank gauge. the light above the temp light is your pre-heat and the light to the left of your pre-heat is for low oil pressure. ther is one extra spot for a light but is blank. The low fuel light is part of the fuel gauge towards the low end of the scale. look for a compartment behind the seat,thats where your maintenance manual would be. scott

OP
OP
R

RedDog

Ok I reread the manual and the temp sensor does activate a light. It's in the spot that you described,right above the blank gauge. the light above the temp light is your pre-heat and the light to the left of your pre-heat is for low oil pressure. ther is one extra spot for a light but is blank. The low fuel light is part of the fuel gauge towards the low end of the scale. look for a compartment behind the seat,thats where your maintenance manual would be. scott
Thanks Land-Tech. I purchased a couple manuals on craigslist for it. Parts and service manuals.