Bucking and jerking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

heedfarm89

Just picked up a t190. It had some creep and the steering was super jumpy and jerky so I adjusted the neutral. The little roller cams looked fine, it appeared the blocks had already been flipped around but the 1 side wasn't bad at all so I switched them and got the neutral set perfect with no real trouble. Steering is still super jerky especially at higher rpm's. If you aren't careful it'll dang near buck you outta the seat. The machine sounds great, no squealing or abnormal noises. I checked the motor mounts and the all appear to still be tight. Where do I go from here?

foton

operate at lower rpm till you get used to the controls and how much touch you need to use, and learn to use on dirt, hard surfaces take more of a soft touch not to be jerky. because it is the nature of the beast no differential and both wheels drive at the same speed on each side. skid steer is what they are.

OP
OP
H

heedfarm89

I hear you, I do have some experience with skid steer but never a track machine. The big spring on the centering plate, does the tension on it need to be set to a certain degree? When I put everything back together, I just made it snug and then set the neutral. Not sure if that matters or not

foton

I believe there is a factory setting as for deflection of the track, which I assume changes from manf. and model. but something has me thinking 2 inches?

dukevader33

I had a similar problem with my Bobcat. It ended up being that the seals in the drive motors needed to be changed. It wasn't to hard. changed out the seals and never had another problem with the machine shaking.