bucket keeps tilting down on me?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1816case

I'm forever bumping the lever to get bucket back up from dumping in front of me. Sometimes just one bump of lever and it stays put while other times need to do it several times before I get to where I really want to dump it. even sometimes if I slowly raise the tilt up.. it starts to dump then swings up to where it should be according to movement of control lever. I posted in case section with no response so thought I'd try here. Case 1816 (re-powered by Honda 20) P.S. left side lift cylinder and tilt cylinder were re-sealed last year and things were working fine. no ram leak that I can tell, but spots on floor from under machine over night from somewhere.

Tazza

Staff member
Left lift ram was done, the Right has not been done?
It *MAY* be the load checks in the control block.
If you look at the control block where the linkages are, there will be plugs in that segment. You will generally have load checks behind here, if they have Orings, they can go bad and leak down or not hold right.
I didn't reply to your previous thread as i wasn't sure, it was only guessing.

OP
OP

1816case

Left lift ram was done, the Right has not been done?
It *MAY* be the load checks in the control block.
If you look at the control block where the linkages are, there will be plugs in that segment. You will generally have load checks behind here, if they have Orings, they can go bad and leak down or not hold right.
I didn't reply to your previous thread as i wasn't sure, it was only guessing.
Thanks Tazza.. I'll look into that area on the next rainy day. II did notice getting oil spots on floor onder the machine now where as before I wasn't? I will look for leaks too once I take seat assembly off.