430 hydraulic bucket pin seized

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

farmkev

Trying to remove my bucket on case 430 skid steer but right hydraulic bucket pin release appears seized in the lock position. Any ideas other than use a bigger hammer on it??

Gearclash

Lubrication and persuasion. Attachment pins don't take kindly to zero lubrication for long periods of time.

OP
OP
F

farmkev

Lubrication and persuasion. Attachment pins don't take kindly to zero lubrication for long periods of time.
I got it. Removed grease nipple which wasnt accepting grease and sprayed in some lubricant, and with a bit of persuasion got it. I never even knew there were grease nipples for those pins, lesson learned. Thanks for responding, now to get those lift arms working.

Gearclash

Grease the pins to excess regularly. In the winter I prefer to switch to engine oil around the top of the pin as grease gets awful stiff in these parts. If the grease is dirty and stiff a good dose of WD-40 or the like will slick up the grease and get things moving easily again.

OP
OP
F

farmkev

Grease the pins to excess regularly. In the winter I prefer to switch to engine oil around the top of the pin as grease gets awful stiff in these parts. If the grease is dirty and stiff a good dose of WD-40 or the like will slick up the grease and get things moving easily again.
Thanks bro, will definitely be better at future greasing