Bucket float 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Fella's, will my bucket float?, like when your backing up and smoothing. If it will I don't know how?.

Tazza

Staff member
Your left pedal, push your toe down to lower the arms then push it a bit harder, it should click.and stay down. If it does, you are now in float mode. It should work if there isn't excessive wear in your linkages. (i'm pretty sure that model has float mode)

OP
OP
P

perry

Your left pedal, push your toe down to lower the arms then push it a bit harder, it should click.and stay down. If it does, you are now in float mode. It should work if there isn't excessive wear in your linkages. (i'm pretty sure that model has float mode)
Tazza, all my controls are on the handles, left-right to raise and tilt the bucket, kinda hard getting use to.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, all my controls are on the handles, left-right to raise and tilt the bucket, kinda hard getting use to.
I never knew the 853 series had hand controls....
Well in that case, i have no idea sorry.

sterlclan

I never knew the 853 series had hand controls....
Well in that case, i have no idea sorry.
the cat we have at work you hold the down side of the hand control for a couple of seconds and it goes into float but a bobcat may be different are there any buttons on the handle? perhaps one of them may do it as well. good luck Jeff

skidsteer.ca

the cat we have at work you hold the down side of the hand control for a couple of seconds and it goes into float but a bobcat may be different are there any buttons on the handle? perhaps one of them may do it as well. good luck Jeff
I believe they are still maual linkages to the valves on the 853... may have a electric over hydraulic.
I would think when you move your hand control fully to the lower position the control should click past a stiff point and lock into the float mode. If it does not "click in" the linkage may need adjusted to the valve.
Or the detent in the valve itself may not work any more, but you will still be able to make it float, you would just have to hold it on as opposed to it locking in.
If the valve is in float you will be able to leave it there and when the bucket is fully lowered, the engine will not struggle trying to lower the bucket even further. it will act like you're not touching the controls at all. Sometimes you have to push the pedal (or in your case the handle ) fairly hard.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

I believe they are still maual linkages to the valves on the 853... may have a electric over hydraulic.
I would think when you move your hand control fully to the lower position the control should click past a stiff point and lock into the float mode. If it does not "click in" the linkage may need adjusted to the valve.
Or the detent in the valve itself may not work any more, but you will still be able to make it float, you would just have to hold it on as opposed to it locking in.
If the valve is in float you will be able to leave it there and when the bucket is fully lowered, the engine will not struggle trying to lower the bucket even further. it will act like you're not touching the controls at all. Sometimes you have to push the pedal (or in your case the handle ) fairly hard.
Ken
Thanks fella's.........