Brushcat videos

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

500K_773

I sent my video footage to Geoffrey and he now has them on the Media/Video page. You have to be a logged on / registered user to view videos. The first two videos are up and now I just have to send the other two videos, but they are too large to attach via e-mail.
The videos show me mowing/mulching brush up to 1-1/2" diameter. The first pass (Brushcat Arrival) I made probably too fast and didn't get as good as cut as I normal strive for, trying to show off for the camera
emotion-2.gif
. One of the larger videos that I haven't posted yet, shows the cut area a little better. As you can tell, the Brushcat makes short work of this size brush and I could cut at least 2 acres a day. I will get some footage of me mulching larger trees (3" diameter), but I didn't want my wife in the area because of larger flying debris. I'll mount the camera on a tripod and get some good footage. The Brushcat working on larger material is even more impressive than the brush. It will really eat up spruce and birch trees, but does have a little more difficulty with larger willow and alder because the tree is more flexible than the harder woods. Dry standing wood is no problem, instant toothpicks
emotion-5.gif

I'll post here again when the larger videos get posted. Thanks again to Geoffrey for the forum to share Bobcat knowledge with everyone and for his help getting the videos posted.

Tigerotor77W

I'm pretty impressed with that attachment. You could mow down a forest with that thing... I am curious, however, as to whether a tree has fallen on the machine?

OP
OP
500K_773

500K_773

I'm pretty impressed with that attachment. You could mow down a forest with that thing... I am curious, however, as to whether a tree has fallen on the machine?
I've never had a tree fall on the machine, but was once pushing over a large tree with my bucket when a dead limb broke loose and fell right on top of the cab from 20 or 30 feet up. Boy did it hit hard! Makes you wonder what would happen if a tree did fall back over on the machine. I usually raise my bucket up about 8 - 10 feet when pushing over trees, so I highly doubt it could happen.
BTW, I have had better luck pushing over trees with my 773 than with a D4H dozer. The leverage from a raised bucket is 10 time more advantagous than the lower blade of the dozer.

Latest posts