Bottom bushings on quick tatch

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Blackhall

So I need to replace the bottom bushings on my 329E quick attach. Unfortunately the new bushings from Deere are too big to fit in the hole. The hole in the casting is 2.330 (approximately) but the bushing is 2.360. No way to make it fit. So far 3 Deere dealers are stuck about what to do next. Took it to my machine shop to see if they could cut down the new bushings but they say it it way too hard for anything they have to cut it with. So far my best lead is that the mounting assembly is something other than Deere. I bought the machine used from Sunbelt and the original dealer invoice calls it a Sunbelt Quick Attach. Does anybody know if Sunbelt had a special casting? Where to get parts? Mark

foton

as best as I know sunbelt just buys stock machines and uses them for rentals. I am surprised that the dealer did not tell you to put the new bushings in the freezer overnight and heat the bushing area then press together quickly , this is a common practice. Make sure that one end of the bushing is got a tapered shoulder for ease in getting it started , I use grease too. but you gotta be fast. good luck

OP
OP
B

Blackhall

as best as I know sunbelt just buys stock machines and uses them for rentals. I am surprised that the dealer did not tell you to put the new bushings in the freezer overnight and heat the bushing area then press together quickly , this is a common practice. Make sure that one end of the bushing is got a tapered shoulder for ease in getting it started , I use grease too. but you gotta be fast. good luck
I appreciate the advice and the Info re Sunbelt. This thing is .0030 too big-- there is is shoulder but I cannot get even the tapered end to enter the hole. I will give your hot/cold treatement a try but I am not optimistic.

foton

I appreciate the advice and the Info re Sunbelt. This thing is .0030 too big-- there is is shoulder but I cannot get even the tapered end to enter the hole. I will give your hot/cold treatement a try but I am not optimistic.
I guess if you are patient enough to lightly grind the outside of the bushings till you get it down to about .005 of difference and them do the freeze and heat. it might be a try and see and repeat. I have done this method with speedy sleeves and it does work, but different metals would make the tolerances change. good luck